Remove these ads by becoming a Premium Member
Sign in to follow this  
Gil

Twins Turn Two on Ian's Retired Runner Non-Interference

When the Official Playing Rules Committee changed the recently-retired runner's interference rule over the offseason in response to Boston's protest of an INT no-call against Yankees baserunner Matt Holliday, we pondered how long it would take for such a quirky play to occur again. Recently...

[[ This is a content summary only. Visit my website for full links, other content, and more! ]]

View the full article

Remove these ads by becoming a Premium Member
52 minutes ago, Gil said:

When the Official Playing Rules Committee changed the recently-retired runner's interference rule over the offseason in response to Boston's protest of an INT no-call against Yankees baserunner Matt Holliday, we pondered how long it would take for such a quirky play to occur again. Recently...

[[ This is a content summary only. Visit my website for full links, other content, and more! ]]

View the full article

Don't... don't listen to the color commentary. Your IQ will drop.

What a weird title. I guess almost every double play counts as "retired runner non-interference." :rolleyes:

21 minutes ago, maven said:

What a weird title. I guess almost every double play counts as "retired runner non-interference." :rolleyes:

Before the the "bona fide" rule change Wendelstedt considered the "retired runner continuing to run the bases" as the rationale for allowing the breakup of the DP.