Had to turn back a HS playoff game :-(

Mudisfun
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2164 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

So for quite a while, I have had Thursday/Friday this week blocked in Arbiter... My daughters 'show choir' at school has their play scheduled for the 17th, 4pm... This has been on the schedule for months now... So today I get an assignment for a HS playoff game, tomorrow (the 15th) at 3:15pm. Awesome! I jump on accepting and all is happy, happy...

THEN... here comes the game change in Arbiter from Tuesday to Thursday! NOOOOO!!!!!! 

Well, your daughter is only in the play once... So I sadly decline and send an email to the assignor. As I am hitting send, he calls me... he had not received the decline yet. Turns out there is going to be a TV crew there doing a documentary type deal for our association and one of the leagues who is heavily involved with backing HS officiating and he was calling to let me know about it. Man! Double bummer...