Remove these ads by becoming a Premium Member
Mudisfun

Had to turn back a HS playoff game :-(

So for quite a while, I have had Thursday/Friday this week blocked in Arbiter... My daughters 'show choir' at school has their play scheduled for the 17th, 4pm... This has been on the schedule for months now... So today I get an assignment for a HS playoff game, tomorrow (the 15th) at 3:15pm. Awesome! I jump on accepting and all is happy, happy...

THEN... here comes the game change in Arbiter from Tuesday to Thursday! NOOOOO!!!!!! 

Well, your daughter is only in the play once... So I sadly decline and send an email to the assignor. As I am hitting send, he calls me... he had not received the decline yet. Turns out there is going to be a TV crew there doing a documentary type deal for our association and one of the leagues who is heavily involved with backing HS officiating and he was calling to let me know about it. Man! Double bummer...

Remove these ads by becoming a Premium Member

Been there for something similar. It does suck, but remember that the title "Daddy" sticks around a lot longer than "Blue" does.

100000000% agree,

Said the same thing to the assignor... daughter is only in the 2nd grade play once.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mudisfun said:

100000000% agree,

Said the same thing to the assignor... daughter is only in the 2nd grade play once.

I'm not your daughter, but second grade was the toughest three years of my schooling.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

That's a bummer.  You must have been on the same crew as Tim.