Our Association makes the local TV news..

stl_ump
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2137 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

40 minutes ago, stkjock said:

cool report.

funny the story talks about little league baseball, however, the players seem to be way too old to be little leaguers 

Yeah I didn't see any Little League Patches

2 hours ago, stl_ump said:

We aren't actually "Little League" at any level.  I think probably like most people, they are using that term to represent youth baseball.  These were 14u players.

I wonder if Little League contacts organizations like this news program and asks for a retraction -- to protect the brand / trademark and to help prevent it from becoming a generic label.

6 minutes ago, noumpere said:

I wonder if Little League contacts organizations like this news program and asks for a retraction -- to protect the brand / trademark and to help prevent it from becoming a generic label.

I think it already is a generic brand / label.  Probably like saying Band-aids.  Everyone knows what you mean when you say it.

On 5/10/2018 at 11:32 AM, noumpere said:

They do if aware.

On 5/10/2018 at 10:34 AM, stl_ump said:

I think it already is a generic brand / label.  Probably like saying Band-aids.  Everyone knows what you mean when you say it.

8 hours ago, Rich Ives said:

It is NOT.

Right.  Although it is on the "endangered list."

"Escalator"or "aspirin"  would be better examples of trademarked terms that lost their protections.