Remove these ads by becoming a Premium Member
stl_ump

Our Association makes the local TV news..

Remove these ads by becoming a Premium Member

cool report.

funny the story talks about little league baseball, however, the players seem to be way too old to be little leaguers 

To some people little league is all youth baseball.

40 minutes ago, stkjock said:

cool report.

funny the story talks about little league baseball, however, the players seem to be way too old to be little leaguers 

Yeah I didn't see any Little League Patches

We aren't actually "Little League" at any level.  I think probably like most people, they are using that term to represent youth baseball.  These were 14u players.

2 hours ago, stl_ump said:

We aren't actually "Little League" at any level.  I think probably like most people, they are using that term to represent youth baseball.  These were 14u players.

I wonder if Little League contacts organizations like this news program and asks for a retraction -- to protect the brand / trademark and to help prevent it from becoming a generic label.

30 minutes ago, taa71458 said:

you guys get 3 man crews?

LOL... just for the TV piece.

6 minutes ago, noumpere said:

I wonder if Little League contacts organizations like this news program and asks for a retraction -- to protect the brand / trademark and to help prevent it from becoming a generic label.

I think it already is a generic brand / label.  Probably like saying Band-aids.  Everyone knows what you mean when you say it.

12 minutes ago, stl_ump said:

LOL... just for the TV piece.

yea, I wondered that as well, my guess was they were 13-15 y/o, so at least I can guess well there. :) 

On 5/10/2018 at 11:34 AM, stl_ump said:

I think it already is a generic brand / label.  Probably like saying Band-aids.  Everyone knows what you mean when you say it.

It is NOT.

On 5/10/2018 at 11:32 AM, noumpere said:

They do if aware.

On 5/10/2018 at 10:34 AM, stl_ump said:

8 hours ago, Rich Ives said:

It is NOT.

Right.  Although it is on the "endangered list."

"Escalator"or "aspirin"  would be better examples of trademarked terms that lost their protections.