Jump to content

Remove these ads by becoming a Premium Member
stl_ump

Our Association makes the local TV news..

Recommended Posts


Remove these ads by becoming a Premium Member

cool report.

funny the story talks about little league baseball, however, the players seem to be way too old to be little leaguers 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To some people little league is all youth baseball.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, stkjock said:

cool report.

funny the story talks about little league baseball, however, the players seem to be way too old to be little leaguers 

Yeah I didn't see any Little League Patches

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We aren't actually "Little League" at any level.  I think probably like most people, they are using that term to represent youth baseball.  These were 14u players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, stl_ump said:

We aren't actually "Little League" at any level.  I think probably like most people, they are using that term to represent youth baseball.  These were 14u players.

I wonder if Little League contacts organizations like this news program and asks for a retraction -- to protect the brand / trademark and to help prevent it from becoming a generic label.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, taa71458 said:

you guys get 3 man crews?

LOL... just for the TV piece.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, noumpere said:

I wonder if Little League contacts organizations like this news program and asks for a retraction -- to protect the brand / trademark and to help prevent it from becoming a generic label.

I think it already is a generic brand / label.  Probably like saying Band-aids.  Everyone knows what you mean when you say it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, stl_ump said:

LOL... just for the TV piece.

yea, I wondered that as well, my guess was they were 13-15 y/o, so at least I can guess well there. :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/10/2018 at 11:34 AM, stl_ump said:

I think it already is a generic brand / label.  Probably like saying Band-aids.  Everyone knows what you mean when you say it.

It is NOT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/10/2018 at 11:32 AM, noumpere said:

I wonder if Little League contacts organizations like this news program and asks for a retraction -- to protect the brand / trademark and to help prevent it from becoming a generic label.

They do if aware.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/10/2018 at 10:34 AM, stl_ump said:

I think it already is a generic brand / label.  Probably like saying Band-aids.  Everyone knows what you mean when you say it.

 

8 hours ago, Rich Ives said:

It is NOT.

Right.  Although it is on the "endangered list."

 

"Escalator"or "aspirin"  would be better examples of trademarked terms that lost their protections. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×