Remove these ads by becoming a Premium Member

1 hour ago, sd181612 said:

Black!!! Let me show you how clean, classy, and nice it looks.

B00DDF22-5D81-453E-9884-FFA8B7829D79.jpeg

5299C390-2DC4-460F-BB66-E7685A598EF8.jpeg

I'm also taking from this that he should only wear the Riddell with a plate coat... or not at all. Lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Remove these ads by becoming a Premium Member
4 hours ago, BT_Blue said:

I'm also taking from this that he should only wear the Riddell with a plate coat... or not at all. Lol

Didn’t he buy that from someone on this board?

9 hours ago, blue32 said:

Didn’t he buy that from someone on this board?

That’s what I heard...I know he has/had one in medium as well.

18 hours ago, BT_Blue said:

@sd181612, your boy was on the plate for Puljos getting number 3000 last night in Seattle.

Can’t believe I missed it...thanks prom.:eek:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sd181612 said:

Can’t believe I missed it...thanks prom.:eek:

Your bad for going to some stupid dance and not watching baseball!

2 hours ago, BT_Blue said:

Your bad for going to some stupid dance and not watching baseball!

Trust me, I’ve learned my lesson.

• Like 1

On 5/1/2018 at 5:35 PM, Maineac said:

Looks like I have the right company, right padding, wrong style of shoulder pads to make this work. Unless I want a big gap right over my heart. Too bad.

IMG_0342.JPG

Waitaminute... @Maineac, are you looking to use parts off this set of Riddell Power TF shoulder pads to rehab a Riddell Power BB CP, or are looking to retrofit these TF (tackle football) pads and turn them into a BB CP?

If the first, possible.

If the second, sure it can be done. Ever look at an original West Vest? You can see the football origin, and how they remedied the laces gap.

On 5/1/2018 at 5:35 PM, Maineac said:

Looks like I have the right company, right padding, wrong style of shoulder pads to make this work. Unless I want a big gap right over my heart. Too bad.

IMG_0342.JPG

Waitaminute... @Maineac, are you looking to use parts off this set of Riddell Power TF shoulder pads to rehab a Riddell Power BB CP, or are looking to retrofit these TF (tackle football) pads and turn them into a BB CP?

If the first, possible.

If the second, sure it can be done. Ever look at an original West Vest? You can see the football origin, and how they remedied the laces gap.

On 5/7/2018 at 5:30 AM, MadMax said:

If the first, possible.

I was kicking around the idea of doing the second one.

1 hour ago, Maineac said:

I can hear Max's heart racing all the way up here. Lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 5/8/2018 at 11:56 AM, Maineac said:

On 5/8/2018 at 1:09 PM, BT_Blue said:

I can hear Max's heart racing all the way up here. Lol

This is fairly straightforward. All you / we will need is a panel of ABS plastic, 4 Chicago screws, 4 rubber washers, a drill, a small round file, ans a sharp utility knife.

Need a drawing, or do you see the Platinum or Original WestVest in that photo like I do?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MadMax said:

This is fairly straightforward. All you / we will need is a panel of ABS plastic, 4 Chicago screws, 4 rubber washers, a drill, a small round file, ans a sharp utility knife.

Need a drawing, or do you see the Platinum or Original WestVest in that photo like I do?

Actually, could use a drawing.

• Like 1

On 5/7/2018 at 2:30 AM, MadMax said:

If the first, possible.

I just saw a pretty nice looking pair of Riddell football pads for SUPER cheap (read that as only $10). And I have a WV Gold that seems to be more trouble to sell than its worth.

So why not turn it into a Frankenstein chest protector.

If it is easy, I wouldn't mind ideas on how to do it?

On 5/9/2018 at 7:59 PM, Maineac said:

Actually, could use a drawing.

I’ll draw one up soon, but it involves taking that piece of spare plastic, drilling four holes that line up with four holes you’ll drill in the shoulder pads carapace. Ream the holes into slots (so that when the plate is compressed by an impact, the plate flattens and slides laterally), place a rubber washer between the plate and the pads carapace, then pass the Chicago screw through and secure.

The only thing I would be... concerned(?)... about is how to fasten the set so that it stays in place snugly. May have to replace, augment, or improve the elastic straps and T-hooks.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MadMax said:

The only thing I would be... concerned(?)... about is how to fasten the set so that it stays in place snugly. May have to replace, augment, or improve the elastic straps and T-hooks.

Wouldn't the D-loop rigging you did with the Schutt suffice?

Another idea comes in this form. It is a Riddell catcher's chest protector with the breast plate of a Gold and the shoulder caps from a Force3.received_10212600917808659.thumb.jpeg.a02cfce3f61f5de74803d344d7c34582.jpeg

I wonder how hard this would be to do? Seems like the hardest thing would be to track down the shoulder caps.

The owner of this beast sent me, pretty much, step-by-step photos on how he did it. And it looks awesome!

4 hours ago, tpatience said:

Where did you send it to?

http://www.footballshoulderpads.com/

There are a few things that are not quite right with the pad tho.

The bottom left triangle piece - the velcro is a little too high and pushes the plate up into the main section of the CP.

also - The bottom plate (where you attach your harness) is too high as well. It goes under the big bottom plate. SMH

Maybe a little rushing with the job is my guess.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jdc03270 said:

http://www.footballshoulderpads.com/

There are a few things that are not quite right with the pad tho.

The bottom left triangle piece - the velcro is a little too high and pushes the plate up into the main section of the CP.

also - The bottom plate (where you attach your harness) is too high as well. It goes under the big bottom plate. SMH

Maybe a little rushing with the job is my guess.

Makes it sound unusable. Damn shame. To prevent you from getting hurt in a game, I’ll take it off your hands. Just let me know 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2