Remove these ads by becoming a Premium Member
Sign in to follow this  
Storm13

CP Extension

I recently got a Wilson Platinum CP and like the coverage of it width wise but think even with the largest size that it is a little short...I have my bottom couple ribs exposed.  Does anyone know where to get or how to make an extension that is hard plastic.

Remove these ads by becoming a Premium Member

What I did before I traded my platinum was I took the velcro extension from my old Diamond IX3, which had plastic embedded (sewn) in each padded section, and added industrial velcro to the underside bottom of the platinum. It had great coverage around those lower ribs, and I took a shot or two into that extender with no issues at all.

I think you may be able to buy the extension as an accessory at various retailers.

Again I traded my used platinum for the new Schutt HDX, so I cannot get you pictures.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

24 minutes ago, BobUmp said:

What I did before I traded my platinum was I took the velcro extension from my old Diamond IX3, which had plastic embedded (sewn) in each padded section, and added industrial velcro to the underside bottom of the platinum. It had great coverage around those lower ribs, and I took a shot or two into that extender with no issues at all.

I think you may be able to buy the extension as an accessory at various retailers.

Again I traded my used platinum for the new Schutt HDX, so I cannot get you pictures.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I was wanting the Schutt HDX but can not find one...I just don;t like the foam extensions because they do not protect as well.

• Like 1

On 4/26/2018 at 9:21 AM, Storm13 said:

I recently got a Wilson Platinum CP and like the coverage of it width wise but think even with the largest size that it is a little short...I have my bottom couple ribs exposed.  Does anyone know where to get or how to make an extension that is hard plastic.

Wear a football ribs protector backwards.  It'll add about 6-7" of similar padding as your CP to your ribs and stomach.  It's built to take a shot and can easily be attached to your CP.  Total cost on eBay for mine was like $30.

Mine is black padding with grey plastic and black letter Schutt.  I wore it one time with my 10.75" Platinum as I felt it was too short.  But then, I sold the Platinum and got a longer CP.  If you're interested, I can sell cheap.

• Like 3