Remove these ads by becoming a Premium Member

The precision cut numbers appear to be the new “in” thing. They look good on a website, at least, not sure I’ve seen them in person. Question for the group - 3” or 4”? Or you do different sizes for different articles - shirt vs jacket? Do you do numbers on your jacket at all? 

Remove these ads by becoming a Premium Member
1 hour ago, Hkepuck said:

The precision cut numbers appear to be the new “in” thing. They look good on a website, at least, not sure I’ve seen them in person. Question for the group - 3” or 4”? Or you do different sizes for different articles - shirt vs jacket? Do you do numbers on your jacket at all? 

If you’re assigned a number you should probably have it on all of your uniforms, including your jackets. I would also see what size your association or conference wants you to have on your uniforms as well. 

If you’re just doing it for Ss&Gs go with the same size on all of them. It depends on your shirt size. Large and below I would go with 3”. 4” for XL and above 

I haven’t had numbers put on for a while, but I’m pretty sure it was 3” for shirts 4” for jackets. Except the navy shirts. For some reason, everyone I saw with navy shirts had 4” numbers. 

I asked @JimKirk about this and he said  @Scott K wears the 4 inch numbers in his conference games. If you look at the pictures on umpattires Instagram or Facebook, the 4 inch numbers look really good

I was going to say, we could defer this question to guys that work the conferences that UA provides uniforms. Guys like Scott and @Fittske24. Or our MiLB brethren like @Mbaldwin43 And the others who get their uniforms supplied by Ump-Attire. 

Yes. I wear the 4' precision cut numbers and after people see mine, they want them; even the MLB guys like them. We recommended the 3' for shirts and 4" for shirts, but the coordinators like the bigger numbers for whatever reason.

These have helped up in every wash since the middle of February. I was cold and hang to dry. The numbers are sharp looking!

If the precision cut numbers weren't good or I didn't like them - you can TRUST I wouldn't be wearing them. 

I hope this helps a bit.

22 minutes ago, Scott K said:

Yes. I wear the 4' precision cut numbers and after people see mine, they want them; even the MLB guys like them. We recommended the 3' for shirts and 4" for shirts, but the coordinators like the bigger numbers for whatever reason.

Huh. I have been chastised eviscerated ridiculed advised in the past that umpire evaluators hate numbers.

Go figure.

Yes....i've seen both the Precision cut numbers in 3-piece numbers. They both are very nice.... a lot of guys seem to like the Precision cut numbers just like our man Scott K has suggested.