Numbers

Thatsnotyou
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2177 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

The precision cut numbers appear to be the new “in” thing. They look good on a website, at least, not sure I’ve seen them in person. Question for the group - 3” or 4”? Or you do different sizes for different articles - shirt vs jacket? Do you do numbers on your jacket at all? 

1 hour ago, Hkepuck said:

The precision cut numbers appear to be the new “in” thing. They look good on a website, at least, not sure I’ve seen them in person. Question for the group - 3” or 4”? Or you do different sizes for different articles - shirt vs jacket? Do you do numbers on your jacket at all? 

If you’re assigned a number you should probably have it on all of your uniforms, including your jackets. I would also see what size your association or conference wants you to have on your uniforms as well. 

If you’re just doing it for Ss&Gs go with the same size on all of them. It depends on your shirt size. Large and below I would go with 3”. 4” for XL and above 

Yes. I wear the 4' precision cut numbers and after people see mine, they want them; even the MLB guys like them. We recommended the 3' for shirts and 4" for shirts, but the coordinators like the bigger numbers for whatever reason.

These have helped up in every wash since the middle of February. I was cold and hang to dry. The numbers are sharp looking!

If the precision cut numbers weren't good or I didn't like them - you can TRUST I wouldn't be wearing them. 

I hope this helps a bit.

22 minutes ago, Scott K said:

Yes. I wear the 4' precision cut numbers and after people see mine, they want them; even the MLB guys like them. We recommended the 3' for shirts and 4" for shirts, but the coordinators like the bigger numbers for whatever reason.

Huh. I have been chastised eviscerated ridiculed advised in the past that umpire evaluators hate numbers.

Go figure.

• 2 weeks later...