Remove these ads by becoming a Premium Member

The 2018 Mid-American Umpire Clinic will be September 6-9 in Springfield, Missouri at the Oasis Hotel & Convention Center and the all turf US Ballpark in Ozark, MO. 

Please see the attached clinic flyer for more details. Register online at www.midamericanumpireclinic.com/home.html

2018 Clinic Flyer.pdf

• Like 2

Remove these ads by becoming a Premium Member

I’m already in... who’s coming with me?

On 4/23/2018 at 10:14 PM, JSam21 said:

I’m already in... who’s coming with me?

I think I’ll be there this year. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, MidAmUmp said:

Just maybe? 

On 5/1/2018 at 5:24 AM, MidAmUmp said:

On 5/1/2018 at 5:48 AM, JSam21 said:

Just maybe? 

Talk about the upset of the year if he isn't.  Lol

I'd highly doubt I'll make it this year, but I'm wondering, is there any age requirement for the camp? Springfield is real close to KC, so I'd love to come at some point. 

39 minutes ago, Biscuit said:

I'd highly doubt I'll make it this year, but I'm wondering, is there any age requirement for the camp? Springfield is real close to KC, so I'd love to come at some point. 

No age requirements...but you must be potty trained. We had a 12 year old come one year.

1 hour ago, MidAmUmp said:

No age requirements...but you must be potty trained. We had a 12 year old come one year.

Hmm... Maybe a couple years till I fulfill the potty trained requirement, but other than that I think I should be good!

I'm signed up.  Can't wait to get there.  A little nervous though,  I have been to a couple small, one day mechanics clinics in the past.  The info. was pretty basic, high school level,  but I struggled with the acting part of it.  I find it hard to pretend that there are base runners and batters and I have to be vocal and confident to nothing.  I would love to move up to the college level but impressing those guys with my silly acting might be hard. I'm hoping there won't be much of that kind teaching.    

Who has been to the camp before?  Any tips?  What can I expect?   

3 hours ago, redroofwoodworker said:

I'm signed up.  Can't wait to get there.  A little nervous though,  I have been to a couple small, one day mechanics clinics in the past.  The info. was pretty basic, high school level,  but I struggled with the acting part of it.  I find it hard to pretend that there are base runners and batters and I have to be vocal and confident to nothing.  I would love to move up to the college level but impressing those guys with my silly acting might be hard. I'm hoping there won't be much of that kind teaching.    

Who has been to the camp before?  Any tips?  What can I expect?   

I was there last year and will be there again this year. You will mostly be doing live games besides Friday morning which is drills and walk through of the two man system, plate work, base work, and taking play at the plate. 

Come ready to work, listen, and learn. They are long days but you will learn a lot. Are you staying at The Oasis?

I did the clinic twice.  You will have to do some pretending, it is part of getting reps.

But the instructors are great, you will be on information overload. Just be a sponge, hustle everywhere, and go in with an open mind. They will make you a better umpire.

I plan to try the advanced clinic next year, can't make the clinics this year.

I'm going to say this again... if you can attend this clinic... GET YOUR BUTT TO THIS CLINIC!  You WILL leave a better umpire. You will understand how to umpire. If you have the ability doors will be opened for you. You will make new friends. You will have a great time. You will better your game more than you can imagine. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JSam21 said:

I'm going to say this again... if you can attend this clinic... GET YOUR BUTT TO THIS CLINIC!  You WILL leave a better umpire. You will understand how to umpire. If you have the ability doors will be opened for you. You will make new friends. You will have a great time. You will better your game more than you can imagine. 

One of my partners on Sunday and I were talking about attendees who stood out above the others, and he brought up "the guy who lost all the weight" who impressed him (and me, too). Good meeting you face-to-face!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, kylehutson said:

One of my partners on Sunday and I were talking about attendees who stood out above the others, and he brought up "the guy who lost all the weight" who impressed him (and me, too). Good meeting you face-to-face!

Thanks Kyle... I appreciate the kind words and it was great getting to meet you as well. Hell, I enjoyed meeting everyone down there this year.  I wish I knew when everyone was working and be able to watch and know who was actually working, the booth was a bit tight at the ballpark.