Jump to content

Remove these ads by becoming a Premium Member
wolfe_man

Remove logo from visor?

Recommended Posts

Has anyone removed a logo from a sun visor?   I have an All Star visor on a Nike mask with TW pads... LOL.  I wish they would quit putting logos on everything, so that we umpires can appear without sponsors. 

I thought I had heard someone saying it can be removed, but I can't find it by searching.

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Remove these ads by becoming a Premium Member

So you want companies to spend money on R&D to produce a product that no one will know who produced it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, JSam21 said:

So you want companies to spend money on R&D to produce a product that no one will know who produced it?

Yes!  Finally, someone gets it. :)

I realize it's not a perfect world.  I just wish they would put a logo instead of their name.  A half star there might look cool, versus just "All Star". 

I do my best as an umpire, but I'm not sure I'd grade myself as an All Star yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, wolfe_man said:

so that we umpires can appear without sponsors. 

Wait! We can get sponsors? Will they buy us gear too?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, JSam21 said:

So you want companies to spend money on R&D to produce a product that no one will know who produced it?

Hey, Wilson expected that of Force3 and Team Wendy’s for years!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, MadMax said:

Hey, Wilson expected that of Force3 and Team Wendy’s for years!

Again they paid money for the right to have their logo on stuff. At least they are allowing other equipment to be used. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/9/2018 at 11:04 AM, wolfe_man said:

Thanks, I figured you would know. Nothing against All Star, just prefer nothing there if I can get it.

I know what you mean. I’ve also gotten to the point where I find myself remove my logos when and where I can. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, blue32 said:

I know what you mean. I’ve also gotten to the point where I find myself remove my logos when and where I can. 

I don't mind the logos, if they all match up, not a bad look. your think nike, with all that capital, would be a lil deeper in the ump game.

maybe a ball bag with a small lil swoosh, or the mask visors.

guess when WHATEVER u make, u slap a SWOOSH on it, and it will sell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/9/2018 at 12:05 PM, MadMax said:

Hey, Wilson expected that of Force3 and Team Wendy’s for years!

Lovin that Adams hdx-xv CP Max.

Already got partners i show wanting to get 1 for that price of...........

NOT..............

$135.

not knocking the WV, for protection,on

but looking like a linebacker with pads on, that I'm knockin!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My gear, on a typical plate, from the top:

+POS, WIlson, Champro, New Era, Oakley, Adidas, Riddell, Team Wendy, Majestic, All Star, Boston, Smitty, Honig's, Champion, Nutty Buddy, New Balance. 

The horror!

 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, kylejt said:

My gear, on a typical plate, from the top:

+POS, WIlson, Champro, New Era, Oakley, Adidas, Riddell, Team Wendy, Majestic, All Star, Boston, Smitty, Honig's, Champion, Nutty Buddy, New Balance. 

The horror!

 

 

MY GOD! YOU ARE A MONSTER!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, BT_Blue said:

MY GOD! YOU ARE A MONSTER!

Not really, as I think we all wear gear from different makers. I was just doing an inventory, from head to toe, for an average day game behind the plate. I think I forget my Mizuno indicator.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kylejt said:

Not really, as I think we all wear gear from different makers. I was just doing an inventory, from head to toe, for an average day game behind the plate. I think I forget my Mizuno indicator.

 

Holy crap man. How can you live with yourself. (I am having WAY to much fun with this. Lol)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, BT_Blue said:

Holy crap man. How can you live with yourself. (I am having WAY to much fun with this. Lol)

Now, he's not even using American-made gear!   (Let me on in this too.) :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let’s see: Nike, Rawlings, Markwort, Richardson, Oakley, Honig’s, Riddell, Majestic, Boston Leather, Smitty, Under Armour, Champion, Force3, Puma, Reebok, Zebra,  Champro, UmpLife, and Wrigley’s. 

19 brands. Wow. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't use a visor, but can a pitcher ask that it be removed if it is creating too much glare of the mask and is distracting?
If so are you required to remove it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LVUmp34 said:

I don't use a visor, but can a pitcher ask that it be removed if it is creating too much glare of the mask and is distracting?
If so are you required to remove it?

I've never had one ask and they're not that reflective.  I've never noticed them personally when another ump wears one and I'm in the field.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, LVUmp34 said:

I don't use a visor, but can a pitcher ask that it be removed if it is creating too much glare of the mask and is distracting?
If so are you required to remove it?

Sure, he can ask. But in the 2000–3000 games I’ve worked in my career, in everything from blinding midday sun, to blinding setting sun, to blinding rising sun (TDs want that 7am start!), to stadiums with enough wattage to outshine most towns in the Midwest, I’ve never had a pitcher even mention anything about my mask’s visor.

Now, the catchers? They think it’s cool, and ask where to get one.

Am I required to remove it? I suppose so. If that ever happened, I’d just grab my other mask that has no visor ( @Thunderheads, you know which one). I may mention that I’m less likely to see strikes or more likely to see balks, now, without my favorite mask (they’re each my favorite; I just fight pettiness with pettiness).

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, MadMax said:

I  may mention that I’m less likely to see strikes or more likely to see balks, now, without my favorite mask (they’re each my favorite; I just fight pettiness with pettiness).

Pretty sure this isn't how to handle this. If we have learned anything from the thousands upon thousands of games we have each worked. We should be passive-aggressive towards this request. Slink off to our car to get the new mask. Mope back to the field. And then squeeze the living hell out of the strike zone until someone does something else we don't like. Then melt down on them like a petulant child. 

At least that is what the coaches, players, and fans do. So why can't we?

Oh... any by the way... :sarcasm:

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×