Armored Nutshellz Jock Shorts

gnhbua93
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2193 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

While I was preparing my bag this morning for my game today I took my Armored Nutshellz Jock Shorts  and noticed one of the straps came undone and the second one soon to be undone. The cost of this product is $54.99 I took pictures of it and sent it to them through their Facebook inbox and their response was:

"I just looked back and the purchase date was July of 2016. I can't really warranty an undergarment that is this old. I could give you a 15% discount if you order a 3 pack. Let me know and I will send an invoice."

I responded:

"Thanks but no thanks.  A $54.99 item should last longer than 19 months when is not being use in daily, only when working the plate and not being used for 2 Winters. So in reality the use that I got from them is between 9-13 months and not being used everyday during that period."

They replied: "I understand your frustration but it's an undergarment, it's not built like a backpack or something of that sort. If you change your mind I will honor the offer. From the image it looks like the stitches came loose - maybe you could throw a few back there?

If it is in my power any retailer that I know I will say to them not to support this company by buying their products.

The shorts have a high markup for a product Made in China also known as obscene profit.

• Like 1

I have a pair of Nike compression shorts that I bought for half that price about 4 years ago and they are still in great shape.  I wear them at least every other game.

I just posted this on their shorts page as a review.

Reviews

1. 75c8180313d55efda4421fc76c292d57?s=80&d=
    Rated 1 out of 5

Your review is awaiting approval

I purchased the cup and jock combo on July 2016 Today 04/04/2018 while preparing my bag for my game I noticed that one of the short straps came undone from the waistband. I don’t use this shorts daily and no use for it whatsoever in the Winter. Their Facebook inbox reply was offer me a 15% off on the 3 pack. To every retailer that I know I will tell them to not become a retailer for this company. They send me 2 likes as a response and then blocked me so now I can’t message them. Areal class act.

I can imagine they will not approve it so that's why I copy paste it here so there is proof.

@grayhawk I also have Nike but the next step is using the Armored Nutshellz cup on the Force3 tights pouch for my next plate assignment.

I will check what else can be done about this situation, might go to BBB or Consumer Federation of America.

1 minute ago, gnhbua93 said:

I can imagine they will not approve it so that's why I copy paste it here so there is proof.

@grayhawk I also have Nike but the next step is using the Armored Nutshellz cup on the Force3 tights pouch for my next plate assignment.

I will check what else can be done about this situation, might go to BBB or Consumer Federation of America.

I don't use a cup pouch - it just doesn't keep the rim of the cup tight against my body.  The boxer brief/Nutty Buddy (or any good cup)/regular jock/compression shorts combo is the best solution for me.  I just use the cheap Franklin jocks that I bought at Wal Mart several years ago and they do the job.

• Like 1

I received at 3:56 PM an email from Jeremiah, the owner of Armored Nutshellz saying this

Hello sir, I apologize for our social media guys response. I would be willing to send out another pair of our Nutshellz shorts and also offer you the 15% discount on a three pack as well. Let me know your current shipping address.

Jeremiah Raber - Founder/CEO, Nutshellz
  • Like 1

I would remind Jeremiah that you’re still blocked on Facebook, otherwise you’d give a glowing note of appreciation for him making things right.

In that forthcoming post, I would thank him, but weave in there that today’s generation has to look past likes and dislikes, and that there are real people on the other side of the screen. Leave the question as to if that social media “director” wants to be paid in real money, or Likes and LOL’s.

• Like 3

@umpstuI’m not  Caligula Stu. I don’t like to mix my dalliances. I keep umpiring here where it belongs. And my foodie/wannabe chef activities on Facebook and Instagram where they belong. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Majordave said:

@umpstuI’m not  Caligula Stu. I don’t like to mix my dalliances. I keep umpiring here where it belongs. And my foodie/wannabe chef activities on Facebook and Instagram where they belong. 

No healthy umpire columns for the boys?

• 2 weeks later...