Remove these ads by becoming a Premium Member

I started umpiring in July 2016 when I had just turned 20. I worked a lot of D2 baseball that summer, during the season I busted my butt and worked my up to being a consistent JV umpire. The following summer I got bumped up to Legion, and worked that all summer with a couple Legion 3A games even. This season I’ve made the jump to being a consistent Varsity umpire and even working in to a few 3-man games on our 5 and 6A schools (Oregon’s classification system, 5A and 6A at the top 2 and 3 at the bottom).

Im incredibly excited to be given these games at this point in my career. I so look forward to mastering the 3-man system and working hard towards it.

I just had my first 5A Varsity 3-man game last night, and have a few more on my schedule already. Just wanted to share that!

• Like 2

Remove these ads by becoming a Premium Member

Thomas, how did your game go? I'm a second year umpire, and I worked a varsity scrimmage as part of a 3 man crew also. I was HP for that scrimmage, and 2 other experienced lower-level college umpires alternated as the U1 and U3. The rotation with nobody on was new to me, but I was able to execute it. What about you? What position were you for that game?