Greetings from PA

LVUmp34
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2158 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

35 minutes ago, LVUmp34 said:

Standing still behind the plate must have been cold. My hands were freezing. My legs were surprisingly ok. 

All games I assigned out for today were cancelled because of the fields being unplayable. Next weekend doesn't look any better. More weather on the way. 

Not at all. Actually had a bit of a sweat by the end.

While there is not as much running as a soccer ref, you are not (and should not be) immobile behind the plate.

Yeah, you got that right about being the plate umpire, you're always moving around, you should never be mobile. I was always taught that your starting position is never your ending position. At least having the gear on made you feel warm. When you have a morning game on a cold day behind the plate, you're always moving around.

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎4‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 8:23 PM, softballump0421 said:

0421 is my birthday.........I bet it was cold on the legs there LVUmp34.......I was freezing all game and we went 9 innings.

Happy belated Birthday

On 4/8/2018 at 9:00 AM, conbo61 said:

Not at all. Actually had a bit of a sweat by the end.

While there is not as much running as a soccer ref, you are not (and should not be) immobile behind the plate.

Very true.

I am never stationary. I am used to in the past being the only umpire at the field and having to run out a lot on the 90' bases.

Any sport, any official, being stationary means you are uninterested, or gives the perception that you are uninterested.

On 4/7/2018 at 8:23 PM, softballump0421 said:

0421 is my birthday.........I bet it was cold on the legs there LVUmp34.......I was freezing all game and we went 9 innings.

Happy Belated Birthday.

Sorry for some reason my password for this site if I use it on one device it doesn't work for another and then I have to create a new one, etc.

My legs are fat so they were warm, as was my guy :) .  Arms were frozen and I did get hit with the ball once and it stung.

On 4/23/2018 at 6:39 PM, Big Jim said:

Who is looking for umpires to do games in Wilkes barre I can do 4 -8 games on Saturdays and Sundays

Please email me a Tutaghoul@aol.com. ASAS

THANKS ALOT. JIM

Welcome aboard.

Jim,

I would never post an email address publicly.

Not saying this is a bad place but maybe put it in your profile and have anyone needing umpires to message you?

14 hours ago, LVUmp34 said:

Very true.

I am never stationary. I am used to in the past being the only umpire at the field and having to run out a lot on the 90' bases.

Any sport, any official, being stationary means you are uninterested, or gives the perception that you are uninterested.

Hard to be very mobile on a volleyball stand. Just sayin' is all.