Remove these ads by becoming a Premium Member
sd181612

Poly spandex in MLB?

53 minutes ago, Haid D' Salaami said:

They've never worn Gerry Davis pants

MiLB is wearing the POLY spandex..

FYI you dont have them, you might wanna... I dont wear anything else now.. these pants are AWESOME

Then what are these? They have the 3 belt loops in the back

78EDF0BA-0F24-4CCA-BC67-B3C4745BEDD2.jpeg

Remove these ads by becoming a Premium Member
13 minutes ago, BT_Blue said:

An out.

They have the signature Davis 3 loops on the back

• Like 1

Here is the scoop.  Fechheimer is making the poly-spandex pant for the MLB guys.  They are made from the same pattern as the GD poly wool pant.  Gerry will most likely be selling these in 19.  They have an adjustable waist and the color is slightly lighter than Smitty. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Then that settles it for me... I get new Fechheimer/ Davis PolySpandex pants next year as soon as they are offered for sale...

... along with the inevitable UnderArmour version.

Variety isn’t a bad thing, guys! It brings the costs down, due to competition and hopefully exposes the cronieism that runs rampant (or should I say “ram–pant”?) in associations.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

@MadMax ....  I don't think UA has  a 'working relationship' with All-Star, ... they're just allowed to put their logo on their stuff ;) 

On 4/2/2018 at 11:02 AM, tpatience said:

Then what are these? They have the 3 belt loops in the back

78EDF0BA-0F24-4CCA-BC67-B3C4745BEDD2.jpeg

MLB umpires have a contract.. they are not allowed to wear other guys pants.. Just like their mask cant have anything but a Wilson logo, or their CP cant show Douglas or anyone else.. I have a CP that a call up guy wore, if you want a pIC

7 hours ago, Haid D' Salaami said:

MLB umpires have a contract.. they are not allowed to wear other guys pants.. Just like their mask cant have anything but a Wilson logo, or their CP cant show Douglas or anyone else.. I have a CP that a call up guy wore, if you want a pIC

These look like Davis pants also

6247796B-CE0E-4AA0-BD04-3F0504106C40.jpeg

TRUST ME WHEN I SAY THIS...

THEY ARE NOT DAVIS PANTS.. THERE IS A CONTRACT.

THEY ARE WEARING THE POLYSPANDEX PANTS THIS YEAR AS WELL. THE BELT LOOPS ARE JUST LIKE DAVIS PANTS

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Haid D' Salaami said:

TRUST ME WHEN I SAY THIS...

THEY ARE NOT DAVIS PANTS.. THERE IS A CONTRACT.

THEY ARE WEARING THE POLYSPANDEX PANTS THIS YEAR AS WELL. THE BELT LOOPS ARE JUST LIKE DAVIS PANTS

Stop ruining our fun. Lol

So, let me get this straight... if it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and looks like a duck - it's not poly-spandex Smitty's? :)

• Haha 1

On ‎4‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 9:09 AM, Haid D' Salaami said:

They've never worn Gerry Davis pants

MiLB is wearing the POLY spandex..

FYI you dont have them, you might wanna... I dont wear anything else now.. these pants are AWESOME

Ump-Attire is the distributer for MiLB... so I'm sure they are Smitty pants

Anybody think that Under Armour will just keep the Majestic stuff going because they bought the factory and line from VF? Make money on both sides? Idk...just a possibility. 

12 hours ago, JoHart10 said:

Anybody think that Under Armour will just keep the Majestic stuff going because they bought the factory and line from VF? Make money on both sides? Idk...just a possibility. 

Wait, what? Really? I don’t doubt you, @JoHart10, but do you have an article or announcement verifying this?

That’s a gamechanger if it is true. With Majestic designing and producing all that gear for baseball, then UA will likely augment their design team with their own select “brand warriors” and brand it all with their logo.

Majestic was never in charge of the pants, though. UA, however, has an entire line of golf pants they’d love to get a leg up (ha! such a pun!) over Nike with. Multiple camera angles being what they are, I can ass-ure you that UA is looking at every opportunity to brand every piece of their gear, including over the rear pocket of the umpire’s pants. And, how convenient, you can buy those very same slacks in local sporting goods stores and UA outlets.

1 hour ago, MadMax said:

Wait, what? Really? I don’t doubt you, @JoHart10, but do you have an article or announcement verifying this?

That’s a gamechanger if it is true. With Majestic designing and producing all that gear for baseball, then UA will likely augment their design team with their own select “brand warriors” and brand it all with their logo.

Majestic was never in charge of the pants, though. UA, however, has an entire line of golf pants they’d love to get a leg up (ha! such a pun!) over Nike with. Multiple camera angles being what they are, I can ass-ure you that UA is looking at every opportunity to brand every piece of their gear, including over the rear pocket of the umpire’s pants. And, how convenient, you can buy those very same slacks in local sporting goods stores and UA outlets.

http://www.mcall.com/business/manufacturing/mc-majestic-mlb-uniform-provider-bought-20170404-story,amp.html

• Like 1

On 3/28/2018 at 12:58 PM, umpstu said:

The umpire who has the opinion that our shoes should always be all black. Still wears the Dalco button up shirts.

I feel attacked.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, kylejt said:

I'll see your Elbeco, and raise you a raft. (but still wearing the golf pants)

oldschool.jpg

But what type pair was ted giannoulas wearing under his uniform when you threw him out in the round picture by your name in the upper left corner?

I wish that was me. I did run a minor league mascot out once, Thunder from the Lake Elsinore Storm. 

Years ago, The Chicken would wander the Q, grab your beer and down it if you weren't paying attention. He did that to me once, and at the same time grabbed girlfriends @ss. Normally I would have decked the cad, but it was The Chicken.Ted got away with lots, including slugging Barney.