Interesting Play - Steal of home with batter making contact

stkjock
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2219 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Question

5 answers to this question

Nope.

NFHS 9-1-1 EXCEPTION: A run is not scored if the runner advances to home plate during action in which the third out is made as follows: a. by the batter-runner before he touches first base.

1 minute ago, stkjock said:

I know the rule very well about BR reaching first, see, here's why I asked, it seems to me that R3 crosses the plate before the BR puts the ball in play, so I wondered if that would change the ruling. 

It's the position at TOP that matters -- and TOP is when the pitcher begins his motion (generally speaking -- not the exact rule wording).

Much like the "R1 steals, F1 pitches, R1 touches second, B1 fouls the ball" question that comes up a few times a year.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, noumpere said:

It's the position at TOP that matters -- and TOP is when the pitcher begins his motion (generally speaking -- not the exact rule wording).

Much like the "R1 steals, F1 pitches, R1 touches second, B1 fouls the ball" question that comes up a few times a year.

ahh, gotcha, thank you