Adams XV-HDX received today thru hibbetts

The1yankee
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2005 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Man I'm sure this is no razzed harness, but like it better than the WV harness, that I can say thru trying  both on

I like the feel of this CP a lot, doesn't feel like I got shoulder pads on, very form fitting

Bottom plates near bottom ribs wrap around your torso so nicely

Before ordering, I thought I'd develop an affair that is truely, deep, with this CP

I shouldn't get all googly yet still in honeymoon phase, lol.

But anyway, I'd give it 5 stars pre-use, compared to the CPS I've tried on

Just seems to offer maximum protection, as MAD MAX the guru stated, in a very nice for fitting low profile CP

AND FOR WHAT...$76 reg. Retail price

Just started this umpiring game, but Adams been in tha game, making MOVES, POSITIVE ONES, IN THE AREA OF CHEST PROTECTORS

THIS IS PERFECT EXAMPLE

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, The1yankee said:

Man I'm sure this is no razzed harness, but like it better than the WV harness, that I can say thru trying  both on

I like the feel of this CP a lot, doesn't feel like I got shoulder pads on, very form fitting

Before ordering, I thought I'd develop an affair that is truely, deep, with this CP

Just seems to offer maximum protection, as MAD MAX the guru stated, in a very nice for fitting low profile CP

Just started this umpiring game, but Adams been in tha game, making MOVES, POSITIVE ONES, IN THE AREA OF CHEST PROTECTORS

THIS IS PERFECT EXAMPLE

4 hours ago, umpstu said:

Looks great.

Man guys I'm really ticked that you can't even download a pic on this site, at least I can't, unless

This is the message i recieve trying to post a pic from the same device I used to download pics on here last week, same exact way

Went to documents; than clicked my pic, then comes the :

You are only allowed to upload 51.2kb.

Not sure what the crime was in order for the penalty of

YOU MAY POST PICS, JUST NOT IF ITS 51.3 mb.

Lmao oh and this ^^^^^^^^^^^ 
I COPY N PASTED AFTER ATTEMPTING THE POSTING OF A PICTURE

Maybe I can take half a picture

Like a puzzle post like 10 pics

20 hours ago, The1yankee said:

Man guys I'm really ticked that you can't even download a pic on this site, at least I can't, unless

This is the message i recieve trying to post a pic from the same device I used to download pics on here last week, same exact way

Went to documents; than clicked my pic, then comes the :

You are only allowed to upload 51.2kb.

Not sure what the crime was in order for the penalty of

YOU MAY POST PICS, JUST NOT IF ITS 51.3 mb.

Lmao oh and this ^^^^^^^^^^^ 
I COPY N PASTED AFTER ATTEMPTING THE POSTING OF A PICTURE

Maybe I can take half a picture

Like a puzzle post like 10 pics

They don't like Yankee's

• Haha 1

@The1yankee 

i deleted your double post trying to post pics of your new CP and your rant. 

Its an operator head space and timing problem. (Army way of saying it’s you not the site that has the problem)

If you wish to post pictures go into your phone or software photo editor and edit the size of the photos. It’s not hard  we all do it.  

So, simmer down now, and work on your patience a little. 

Kind of like on the field. You will be tested.  You cannot eject every person who chirps and tests your patience.  If you try to you will not be assigned many, if any,  games with that kind of reputation and you won’t move up to better levels of baseball.  

• Like 1

Also, @The1yankee, you’re a (fairly) new account in the site, in your first month (or so). The site software is trying to prevent spammers and bots from turning this place into a dumping ground for (stupid) meme images and other useless crap. Your reputation score (the green number next to your handle) has something to do with it, and your rep score is determined by your activity on the site over time.

As it sits, I’m posting this from my phone, and even I am limited to 0.98MB per upload. 

2 hours ago, Majordave said:

@The1yankee 

i deleted your double post trying to post pics of your new CP and your rant. 

Its an operator head space and timing problem. (Army way of saying it’s you not the site that has the problem)

If you wish to post pictures go into your phone or software photo editor and edit the size of the photos. It’s not hard  we all do it.  

So, simmer down now, and work on your patience a little. 

Kind of like on the field. You will be tested.  You cannot eject every person who chirps and tests your patience.  If you try to you will not be assigned many, if any,  games with that kind of reputation and you won’t move up to better levels of baseball.  

Agree at @Majordave. I do have an anger problem, not to the point that I'm a walking lunatic that's ready to strike on anybody testing my patience. But as you can see, I do rub people in the wrong way sometimes, thanks for overlooking one of my qualities that need a little honing.

But thanks for answer n now I know mod around here to communicate with, on a nicer level that is, lol.

But now I understand

I go to sports handicapping sites...you know, to bet the horses.....and so many guys try and come on, for example the public posting pg for their picks n horseracing, but guys come in and advertise their web page, post a few win horses, then next day say come to my web page for plays...and pay me a fee first.....lol

So I understand the situation totally, thanks for reply @MadMax

So @MadMax, wondering about that upgrade harness on the XV, was that razzed that does that, or did you do it?

I really like the side snaps on side of adams CP, easy to get on/off, way easier than WV to take off, not that that much matters.

AND BOY!!!!! THE WAY THAT CP SHOULD COOL IN HOT CONDITIONS, WITH 50+ HOLES DRILLED IN ALL FRONT PLATES OF THE CP SEEM LIKE U WILL ACTUALLY HAVE A LITTLE AIRFLOW OR AT LEAST ABSORB SOME OF THE PAD PERSPIRATION, MORE LIKE A COMPRESSION GARMENT THAT ABSORBS N WICKS MOISTURE

LASTLY, OTHER CPs I tried didnt agree with my tall, lanky sorta,

6'1" 

185lb frame

Most fell short of bottom rib.

Not this guy! Easily covers bottom rib and an extra inch past end of ribcage, not sure if I'll wear the 5" pad velcroed to bottom of CP. REALLY CANT FEEL IT THERE. Have to see if it bothers me or if I'll keep it

Bicept protectors out. I like the thigh protector with the bicept pads max!

At least the idea

• 1 month later...
45 minutes ago, BretMan said:

Bummer. I was planning on picking one up before my season started (which is already a month old now).

Yeah, evidently a lot of us had that idea. :)

On a positive side, I bet they order a lot of these to be made based upon the 1 month or so sale spurt from March.  They were only on sale a very brief time before everyone sold out.  That speaks to a large demand for it, so let's hope they can meet the supply now!

Glad I got mine when I did:blink:

As others have pointed out, the shoulder plates should be higher. Otherwise, it's great. Being cooler has not been put to the test yet, but it's light and form fitting.  Wish it came in a 16' or 17', I'm 6'2, 210, but I do have a little beer belly protection:cool:

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Tborze said:

As others have pointed out, the shoulder plates should be higher. Otherwise, it's great. Being cooler has not been put to the test yet, but it's light and form fitting.  Wish it came in a 16' or 17', I'm 6'2, 210, but I do have a little beer belly protection:cool:

That would be interesting. I don't ever think I've seen a 16-foot long chest protector. ;)

• Haha 3

48 minutes ago, Tborze said:

I don't call mine a beer belly.  It's now referred to as a fat muscle.  Took me a long time to get it and one  pitch to destroy it.  I figure if I call it a beer belly, that when I get hit the keg tap might start flowing.

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Tborze said:

Which shoulder plates? Let’s identify them (at least what you mean) and let’s get a solution for ya.

It would be overkill if it was in a taller size. If you need that extra 4”, making it a 17”, then attach the 3DO extension. @jwclubbie and I went round and round about this, and he wants me to devise a way of making a hard-plated extension. Now, he’s a long-torso’d dude, so I see his point, but really, to run a hard plastic plate that long down the front of your torso just restricts mobility. Also, for those guys that have bellies, if you put a hard plastic plate against your front, you make the overall fit worse because your belly projects the CP out and presses against or exposes your collarbones more.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MadMax said:

Which shoulder plates? Let’s identify them (at least what you mean) and let’s get a solution for ya.

It would be overkill if it was in a taller size. If you need that extra 4”, making it a 17”, then attach the 3DO extension. @jwclubbie and I went round and round about this, and he wants me to devise a way of making a hard-plated extension. Now, he’s a long-torso’d dude, so I see his point, but really, to run a hard plastic plate that long down the front of your torso just restricts mobility. Also, for those guys that have bellies, if you put a hard plastic plate against your front, you make the overall fit worse because your belly projects the CP out and presses against or exposes your collarbones more.

How about like how the old +POS “Samurai” CP was designed? With small plastic plates on the extension that would allow flexibility and give hard shell protection

7 hours ago, MadMax said:

First off, I want to address the ' vs the ". My bad. I'm sure you all know what I meant. Good jokes BTW

Anyway, im not fat, at least that's what my girl tell me. I just wish there was an inch added to it. My girl agrees with me:mad:

On 4/20/2018 at 3:35 PM, JSam21 said:

How about like how the old +POS “Samurai” CP was designed? With small plastic plates on the extension that would allow flexibility and give hard shell protection

Like Dragon scales? Brilliant in purpose, but poor in execution. All those joints and links increase weight, and make washability (of the pads) a pain. The DaviShield suffers a similar problem.

45 minutes ago, MadMax said:

Like Dragon scales? Brilliant in purpose, but poor in execution. All those joints and links increase weight, and make washability (of the pads) a pain. The DaviShield suffers a similar problem.

Like this... would probably have to hand wash it. Link the plates together but anchor it to the padding at 2 or 4 points at the ends.

0AFF0005-DFB5-483F-BC61-BB493F73666E.jpeg

On 3/16/2018 at 6:37 PM, The1yankee said:

THIS IS PERFECT EXAMPLE

Maybe it is just me but I don;t see a pic...do you have one.  I am looking to find a new CP

31 minutes ago, Storm13 said:

Maybe it is just me but I don;t see a pic...do you have one.  I am looking to find a new CP

These aren't available until late summer I'm hearing.  I've looked all over the web and talked to a Schutt rep, but even he can't get until August he says.

33 minutes ago, wolfe_man said:

These aren't available until late summer I'm hearing.  I've looked all over the web and talked to a Schutt rep, but even he can't get until August he says.

I just saw in the description of the post it said pic and that he had got the CP.  I am looking to order one when I can find it