How much protection can a batter use?

Guest Marin
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2202 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Question

Guest Marin

I am corious if there is any rule preventing the batter of using certain protextion or certain number of protection. For example can i use a lifeguard vest? Or long shin guards that cover all the way from the ankle to the hip?      Ive never heard of any rule of this type. But i guess that a batter is allowed whatever he wants as long as it does not increase the range of getting a hot by pitch.  So what is the reality about this?   Thabk you 

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

On 3/16/2018 at 9:26 AM, beerguy55 said:

I always wore a condom during the game - you never knew when you were gonna meet groupies between innings.

"I know your tired. I know your hurting, and I wish I could say something that is classy and inspirational, but that just wouldn't be our style. Pain heals, chicks dig scars. Glory, lasts forever. "

Umpire groupies... for sure!