Remove these ads by becoming a Premium Member
The1yankee

Mask Visor: Iridescent v Regular Shaded Visor; Preferences

Want to add a visor to top of mask. I kinda like the looks of the iridescent visor. Looks or stands out nicely, just looking at it.

Haven't been able to compare. Opinions thoughts

Remove these ads by becoming a Premium Member

No!  Just no!  Adds weight, doesn't really work.  Wear a 6 stitch or an 8 stitch hat.  Wear your mask harness loose.  So loose that your mask should hang off the hat and your head and spin off your melon when you get hit. (notice I said when, not IF?)  My .02...........

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Majordave said:

No!  Just no!  Adds weight, doesn't really work.  Wear a 6 stitch or an 8 stitch hat.  Wear your mask harness loose.  So loose that your mask should hang off the hat and your head and spin off your melon when you get hit. (notice I said when, not IF?)  My .02...........

And I disagree with the weight aspect. I have one on both my rigs and I don't notice any weight difference  (though for some reason my neck hurts and I keep finding myself randomly looking at the ground LOL.)

Now... mind you... the visor does nothing to keep sun out of your eyes. That is taken care of by the bill of your cap and the top pads on the mask. What I like about it is that it keeps the rain off the front and bill of my cap (they tell me it rains a lot here in the Pacific NW) and then the sun off the same part of my hat.

But that is my two cents. YMMV

• Like 1