Remove these ads by becoming a Premium Member
Mister B

Little League bat rules

Question

So with the new bat standards, and everyone required to get new bats, we are realizing that it's going to be difficult to tell one bat from its identical twin.

To help aid in keeping the $3K worth of bats, that the league just purchased, from walking away. We put our league initials on the bats with paint pen. May need to do something similar with personal bats, as we have 3 players with the same bat. 

I was told that this might be considered "altering the bat", I verified  with our District UIC and he said that he didn't have a problem with it, but I was wondering how others were planning to deal with it. 

Personally, if this is considered an alteration, then changing the grip would also be an alteration. I understand the intent of the rule, but it's very poorly defined. But then, what else is new?

Thanks. 

5 answers to this question

I immediately got out Mr. Sharpie and put my kids name and my phone number on her new bat. If that is 'altering' the bat then hitting a baseball which leaves a scuff or chips some paint is also altering the bat. Putting your kid or leagues name is not improving any performance of the bat, which is what the altering rules are meant to address.

Some people just try to find problems.

Remove these ads by becoming a Premium Member

They make personalized knob stickers... or change the grip... 

3 hours ago, JSam21 said:

They make personalized knob stickers... or change the grip... 

Both would alter the bat similar to marking on the handle above the grip. They are all one piece aluminum bats. At our state tournament we lost 6 of our 8 bats because they couldn't tell is the paint was scratched or if the barrel was cracked. I know these are judgement calls, but there should be some guidance. 

They are all new bats, changing grip is a waste of money. Knob stickers end up covering the length and weight. (I know it's on the barrel, but it's not always the easiest to find)

13 hours ago, Mister B said:

Both would alter the bat similar to marking on the handle above the grip. They are all one piece aluminum bats. At our state tournament we lost 6 of our 8 bats because they couldn't tell is the paint was scratched or if the barrel was cracked. I know these are judgement calls, but there should be some guidance. 

They are all new bats, changing grip is a waste of money. Knob stickers end up covering the length and weight. (I know it's on the barrel, but it's not always the easiest to find)

None of those things is altering the bat...

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.