NEED MASK, Do I fix bend n send away for fix n powdercoat in all-star fm-25, or get a different mask to start season

The1yankee
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2210 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Having a scratch my head moment. I seem to really like that all-star fm25 mask , does seem a tad short at the bottom, nothing a attached guard won't fix tho, if worst comes to worst.

HERES THE MAIN QUANDRY; I AM SENDING AWAY THAT all-star fm25 away for fixing and powder coat, its am I doing it NOW, or getting another piece NOW, and sending away the fm25 to get back in time for mid or end of spring

Also picked up an all-star ball bag on the cheap, so with an all-star harness, I should look pretty good with 1of2 ball bags I'm wearing  matching up with mask

The FM25 is a bit short at the bottom because it’s intended for catchers, most who won’t even mount a dangling throat guard, and who also routinely drop their chin on a pitch. It’s a good mask, but it’s not an umpire’s mask.

But you’re playing with house money because you got it on trade. So, what I would do is get a primary mask, outfitted the best to what you can with your budget. Once you have it, then send off the FM25. Due to his workload, Tony cannot guarantee the return date, and you do not want to miss opportunities because you don’t have a mask. Carrying four is (admittedly) excessive – but umpires should carry two masks.

Oh, and some of us are brand-nuts, but brand of ball bag is pretty meaningless. Just don’t wear two different colors of ball bag.

• Like 2