Does anybody have the force 3 16.5s leg guards in stock yet????

The1yankee
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2227 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

On 3/10/2018 at 3:17 AM, The1yankee said:

Geez, seems the freighter got hijacked in S Africa!

Any answers yet?? 

Ump-attire????

@The1yankee. Force3 just shipped a large shipment out to us today. We have plenty on order and are hopeful they will arrive by the end of the week.

Go here, pick your size and enter your email address to be notified when they come back in: https://www.ump-attire.com/Baseball-Umpire-Equipment/Gear-Footwear/Shin-Guards/F3-LG_Force3-Ultimate-Umpire-Shin-Guards

Sorry for the delay.

3 hours ago, JimKirk said:

@The1yankee. Force3 just shipped a large shipment out to us today. We have plenty on order and are hopeful they will arrive by the end of the week.

Go here, pick your size and enter your email address to be notified when they come back in: https://www.ump-attire.com/Baseball-Umpire-Equipment/Gear-Footwear/Shin-Guards/F3-LG_Force3-Ultimate-Umpire-Shin-Guards

Sorry for the delay.

No problem, unlike Varsity guys, us HS jv, at least in Ohio don't start til 26th

Thanks

21 hours ago, The1yankee said:

No problem, unlike Varsity guys, us HS jv, at least in Ohio don't start til 26th

Thanks

If worse comes to worse and you have games before Jim and U-A can deliver I recommend either borrowing your partner's shinguards (ask first, before the game) or borrow some catcher's shinguards or other umpire's shinguards or maybe go to a Play-it-Again Sports or something like that and try to find some cheap shinguards that will make do.  Because you are working JV you are likely to be hit but it most likely won't have the velocity to actually harm you.  

Just a thought.

15 minutes ago, Majordave said:

If worse comes to worse and you have games before Jim and U-A can deliver I recommend either borrowing your partner's shinguards (ask first, before the game) or borrow some catcher's shinguards or other umpire's shinguards or maybe go to a Play-it-Again Sports or something like that and try to find some cheap shinguards that will make do.  Because you are working JV you are likely to be hit but it most likely won't have the velocity to actually harm you.  

Just a thought.

Ya for sure. Was thinkin asking my instructor, but good thinkin, my partner for game.

What would u do major Dave?

Wanted to get some TW pads for a +pos silver mask. 

BLACK OR TAN

ILL have an all star fm_-25 ready to go in a month or so

black mask n pads and harness I think I will go with

since the +pos is silver,

gotta get a bend fixed so have choices of color for powder coating all-star mask after fix n sandblast.

I wear Wilson Titanium masks.  One is black with tan leather traditional shaped pads and the other is silver with black leather traditional shaped pads.  I don't care for Team Wendy pads.  I tried them, didn't work for me.  I prefer leather.  I like the contrasting colors.  I have worn black and black and silver with tan before.  Doesn't look bad.  I just prefer the contrasting.

Good luck with whatever you do.   

When you finally get to work some Don't flinch.  Don't suck!  Go to a high school practice and call balls and strikes in the bullpen or cage if you can before your games begin.  Get someone to film you or critique you.

1 hour ago, Majordave said:

I wear Wilson Titanium masks.  One is black with tan leather traditional shaped pads and the other is silver with black leather traditional shaped pads.  I don't care for Team Wendy pads.  I tried them, didn't work for me.  I prefer leather.  I like the contrasting colors.  I have worn black and black and silver with tan before.  Doesn't look bad.  I just prefer the contrasting.

Good luck with whatever you do.   

When you finally get to work some Don't flinch.  Don't suck!  Go to a high school practice and call balls and strikes in the bullpen or cage if you can before your games begin.  Get someone to film you or critique you.

So far I've had:

20 pitches with just mask, indoors behind a net

20 Batting practice, pitcher with pitchers fence but live situations minus the pitchers protector out there. I ran about an inning

Frosh, Scrimmage on 21st with our oshaa metro Toledo class of 11 men 1 female. First game 26th JV

But yes totally Dave! I feel comfortable back there, not much worried with taking a pitch on the flesh, similar to a street fight,  most or lot of people are afraid to get punched, hence they get nervy lil flinchy, same with behind the plate. Do yur job, n if yur in good position, not flinchin or moving when pitch comes in, 98% of those shots you will handle. Only stings for a minute, lol.

• Like 1

But film review on where yur set up in regards to catchers head n if yur movin on pitch, YOU WILL SEE IT!

I'm just gonna take my tablet with me for scrimmage and let one of the other umps in my class film my parts of the scrimmage.

Heck ya. Love when an idea comes together, thanks for putting thought in my head to link with video at scrimmage

NOTE TO SELF: take ump equipment AND fully charged TABLET to scrimmage!!!!

• Like 1

@The1yankee said: "Only stings for a minute, lol."

Good luck with that.  When/if you start calling college baseball I want you to hit me up after you take one off the bicep or wrist or elbow or gut or inner thigh and tell me it only stings for a minute. 

I took a foul ball off my left knee two days in a row in the same spot.  My old Wilson DaviShins didn't do their job.  I literally cried, couldn't stop the involuntary pain tears that second day, second hit.  Limp-Walked all the way to the right field foul pole and back trying to walk that one off.  Bought my Force 3 Shins that evening from my phone in the parking lot before I left the game site here in KC.  Hahahaha!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Majordave said:

Good luck with that.  When/if you start calling college baseball I want you to hit me up after you take one off the bicep or wrist or elbow or gut or inner thigh and tell me it only stings for a minute. 

I took a foul ball off my left knee two days in a row in the same spot.  My old Wilson DaviShins didn't do their job.  I literally cried, couldn't stop the involuntary pain tears that second day, second hit.  Limp-Walked all the way to the right field foul pole and back trying to walk that one off.  Bought my Force 3 Shins that evening from my phone in the parking lot before I left the game site here in KC.  Hahahaha!

Omg Dave, I hope I don't. That sounds like that hurt,  making me rub my knee. Would you agree, its almost like that ball has a second mind, and finds that spot, at the moment, any pitches that whistle coming to the plate, ummmm.......?????

I'm sure its one thing callin lower level ball, but to call some minor, major, or Intl, teams, I got a ways to go!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, The1yankee said:

Would you agree, its almost like that ball has a second mind, and finds that spot, at the moment, any pitches that whistle coming to the plate, ummmmmm?

It does.  At least until I can get some traction for my Stormtrooper style Umpire and Catcher full body armor suit.  I think it would attract more young, Star Wars fans umpires into the game.  (Hell, I am old, don't really even like Star Wars movies but I love the Stormtrooper characters)  Especially if I could get it manufactured and sell it for a cost of around $400 or less.  My plate gear and uniform total cost is between $800 (no jacket/no plate coat) and $1250 (with platecoat) ballpark total when I work a game.  (top of the line gear).  A polycarbonate, ventilated, full-body, armored suit would negate the need for much of what we wear AND it would look so cool.  Even cooler if it had a helmet with a full coverage face mask that had a ventilation system in it and some voice amplification when needed. A degree of anonymity and authority in a cool package.  Gray?  Black? With maybe some silver accents?  Just a dream at this point......

34 minutes ago, Majordave said:

It does.  At least until I can get some traction for my Stormtrooper style Umpire and Catcher full body armor suit.  I think it would attract more young, Star Wars fans umpires into the game.  (Hell, I am old, don't really even like Star Wars movies but I love the Stormtrooper characters)  Especially if I could get it manufactured and sell it for a cost of around $400 or less.  My plate gear and uniform total cost is between $800 (no jacket/no plate coat) and $1250 (with platecoat) ballpark total when I work a game.  (top of the line gear).  A polycarbonate, ventilated, full-body, armored suit would negate the need for much of what we wear AND it would look so cool.  Even cooler if it had a helmet with a full coverage face mask that had a ventilation system in it and some voice amplification when needed. A degree of anonymity and authority in a cool package.  Gray?  Black? With maybe some silver accents?  Just a dream at this point......

Going to need to make one in Navy for backward states like Georgia. :mad:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

23 hours ago, Majordave said:

Took a fastball untouched  (F2 got crossed up when called a breaking ball off the outside corner and idiot F1 dots the ol Numero Uno on the inside corner) just above the left wrist last fall.

Stung like he'l for the next three days and the lump didn't go away for over two weeks.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BT_Blue said:

Took a fastball untouched  (F2 got crossed up when called a breaking ball off the outside corner and idiot F1 dots the ol Numero Uno on the inside corner) just above the left wrist last fall.

Stung like he'l for the next three days and the lump didn't go away for over two weeks.

https://www.ump-attire.com/EvoShield/?page=1&perpage=24&cat=0&orderby=price desc&brand=EvoShield&search=

19 hours ago, BT_Blue said:

Been there, done that...90+ mph fastball untouched by F2.

IMG_0426.JPG

On 3/14/2018 at 7:21 AM, wolfe_man said:

I ordered yesterday and had a shipping number less than 3 hours later.  They should be here by Friday.  We'll see.

They're waiting for me at home.   That's two days total to order, ship and arrive.  That's a pretty quick turnaround by anyone's standards for normal shipping!  

First order, but will keep them in mind going forward if my normal supplier is out of stock.

21 hours ago, BT_Blue said:

Did you get stitch marks too? 

2 hours ago, wolfe_man said:

They're waiting for me at home.   That's two days total to order, ship and arrive.  That's a pretty quick turnaround by anyone's standards for normal shipping!  

First order, but will keep them in mind going forward if my normal supplier is out of stock.

Sign me up! I'm 6' 1" , and had the 18.5" in my cart for about 5 days! At purchase-officials

About to pull trigger, but I figured I'd call first.

Guy says we just sold last pair of 18.5s earlier today! I'm sooo glad I called em, I'd have been real pissed, no leg guards for who KNOWS

COULD BE WEEKS, with them n ump-attire, lol!

So REFGEAR.COM THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

THEM OTHER SUPPLIERS MISSED THA BOAT!!!!

LITERALLY!

On 3/14/2018 at 7:21 AM, wolfe_man said:

I ordered yesterday and had a shipping number less than 3 hours later.  They should be here by Friday.  We'll see.

Lmk what you think Wolfe, I'm kinda giddy to strap on these sweet militarized hummers, of leg guards, minus the tons of weight for bomb plating on the hummer