Remove these ads by becoming a Premium Member
BT_Blue

Austin Hedges' Force3 HSM

So, watching MLB showing the Royals-Padres ballgame. And what do I see? An HSM with an extended cage protecting Austin Hedges' (San Diego Padre catcher) for ead area on his HSM.

Since he is decked out in Easton gear, I was wondering if it was a special made cage for the Samurai HSM. But I couldn't get a close look at it.

Luckily, in the bottom of the 6th they showed a side view close up. And there they were... those wonderful metal springs we all know to be Force3.

So now the question at hand... is this a one off, special made, cage for Hedges? Or might this be testing for a new cage setup for the Force3? Thus adding the protection we all constantly strive for, but have never had the opportunity to obtain?

Edited by BT_Blue
Getting the inning right.

Remove these ads by becoming a Premium Member
7 minutes ago, tpatience said:

Pictures?

Sorry man. My phone was dead at the time and the channel has been changed. So no photos.

Thankfully, Hedges is the starting F2 for San Diego. So more chances to see it will be available.

2 hours ago, BT_Blue said:

So, watching MLB showing the Royals-Padres ballgame. And what do I see? An HSM with an extended cage protecting Austin Hedges' (San Diego Padre catcher) for ead area on his HSM.

Since he is decked out in Easton gear, I was wondering if it was a special made cage for the Samurai HSM. But I couldn't get a close look at it.

Luckily, in the bottom of the 6th they showed a side view close up. And there they were... those wonderful metal springs we all know to be Force3.

So now the question at hand... is this a one off, special made, cage for Hedges? Or might this be testing for a new cage setup for the Force3? Thus adding the protection we all constantly strive for, but have never had the opportunity to obtain?

It wasn't the Defender HSM?

Dammit, @BT_Blue, I read your post too late... 

My fellow Vulture just reported back last night – he was asked in to do a simulated game for Padres pitchers. When we're PU for these games here in Phoenix, we outfit ourselves with 2 ball bags (at least! I've been tempted to get a third!) so as to carry multiple ball types – Major, Minor or Foreign (I was PU for a game versus the Korean Nat'l team, for example). As they're prepping for the game, the ball tote (singular) is carried in and dropped at the backstop – all Big Leaguers, baby.

Wide-eyed, my fellow Vulture fills his ball bags and heads to the plate, whereupon the first catcher hoists off his mask and introduces himself – Austin Hedges. Unfortunately, he doesn't remember the particulars of the mask he had (only one guy in the Vulture group needs to be the tech-nerd).

Annnnnd Play!

PS - Oh, and on that note, by being PU on these games, we are getting the chance to see (and try out!) some really top-notch masks. I held a FM4000MAG in my hands (it's like it's not even there!... but look at that Jay Leno chin!) and tried on several Mizuno masks that you just can't get here in the States, including a Mizuno Titanium. Yes, I'm gobsmacked-in-love.

• Like 2