You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By MadMax
      First pitch was at 1:20pm and posted air temperature in Wrigley Field was 91º, but I'm sure the on-field temperature was considerably higher. Well, with a game going over 3 and a half hours in that heat, PU Hunter Wendelstedt is showing off a white cooling towel draped over his neck and shoulders while the game is going on! He's also keeping the movements to an absolute minimum. Lineup changes are being handled by one of the BU's (I think it's Guccione).
      Players are dropping out due to heat fatigue.
      If there is a note in the MLB Suggestion Box that recommends having the umpires in shaded positions with good sightlines, and referring to Video Replay if/when needed, it probably came from this game.
    • By MadMax
      In viewing clips of pitches and hits on mlb.tv, I have noticed a trend – MLB umpires are opting to a wider variety of masks rather than the default, formerly supplied Wilson DynaLite. We’re still seeing guys use the Wilson DynAlum and the occasional Wilson Titanium (Way Too) Low Profile, and there are those still relying on their Nike Icon Titaniums, but we’re also seeing increased numbers of Mizunos, Force3 Defenders, and All-Star FM4000MAGs.
      I’m sincerely wondering when that “paradigm shift” or “break point” is going to occur, when it is open season on branding gear with attributed logos instead of hiding, obscuring, or flat-out lying so as to appease a company that lethargically refuses to progressively protect their “sponsored” representatives. Because a knocked-off mask is viewed as a “failed mask”, MLB umpires – wearing Wilson -marked masks especially – are directed to wear their masks far too tight. Well, coincidentally, this plays right into Force3’s strengths, as the reactive spring suspension functions best when the mask is worn snugly. It’s just a shame that Force3 doesn’t receive due credit!
    • By sd181612
      I know I’m kind of dreaming here, but I’m finally going to see my role model/idol Jim Wolf tomorrow and I was wondering if anyone knew someone in his crew so that, if possible, I could meet them. Jim was the one who inspired me to get into umpiring in the first place (his brother played and he didn’t; mine played and I realized I wasn’t good enough to keep playing) and I’d like to thank him in person.
      Thanks again!
    • By sd181612
      I was looking at heights of several players and umpires for fun. Jim Wolf is listed as 6’ and so is Randy, but then I found this....

Jim looks more like 5’9”. Kind of insteresting to see that their heights are changed or maybe they are measured with shoes on.
      Just a random find, by the way.

• By sd181612
      @Scott Kennedy you know you guys are awesome and managed to get us the real deal shirts. This site sold both of these models but the only thing they have left is XX, plus I’d rather buy from a company I trust. Is there any way you could get these and make them available to us? 

Thanks and keep up the great work!!