Remove these ads by becoming a Premium Member
Kevin_K

If only I was making this up

On 3/10/2018 at 10:14 PM, Richvee said:

Got a reply today. The question about the close play 1B and BU asking for help, and the the question I got "wrong" about over running 1B will be disregarded and 4 points added to those who had these questions. One with no right answer, and one, marked incorrectly. :rolleyes:

I was told this a couple of weeks ago and sworn to secrecy. I had the same 2 questions marked wrong.  

• Like 1

Remove these ads by becoming a Premium Member
34 minutes ago, LMSANS said:

I was told this a couple of weeks ago and sworn to secrecy. I had the same 2 questions marked wrong.  

Because it's very important to proper umpire training and instruction that the element of human error be concealed at all costs.

giphy.gif

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, LMSANS said:

An apropos comment given this thread's name. 

I got the same overrunning of 1b wrong as your @Richvee along with one other that i simply don't know what the hell i was thinking. I don't understand how these tests can go out like this. It really is baffling. Its hard to get us to buy in to the things they want done when they can't get something as simple as this right.

2 hours ago, BRUMP said:

I got the same overrunning of 1b wrong as your @Richvee along with one other that i simply don't know what the hell i was thinking. I don't understand how these tests can go out like this. It really is baffling. Its hard to get us to buy in to the things they want done when they can't get something as simple as this right.

The tests are reviewed by 3 or 4 guys, tops.  And then they have to be entered into Arbiter which opens another can of worms.  They won't go with the FED test because there are too many errors.  Is that the definition of irony?  I have sat in on the meetings when they discuss the planning of the test...SMH.

2 hours ago, LMSANS said:

The tests are reviewed by 3 or 4 guys

That's even more alarming......You mean to tell me 3 or 4 guys read this question and NONE of them thought to say..."Don't we mean APPEAL, and not a PLAY?

That leads me to the next question..Do these guys writing, editing the text actually know the baseball rules?? Or are they just administrators who maybe "officiated" a few games in some sport along the way. 

The bases are loaded and there are two outs. B1 hits a triple but misses second base. A legal play is immediately made by the defense. How many runs should score?

a. 0

b. 2

c. 3

Play?...Do you mean legal APPEAL???

That's 

2 hours ago, LMSANS said:

I have sat in on the meetings when they discuss the planning of the test.

Condolences

21 hours ago, Richvee said:

That's even more alarming......You mean to tell me 3 or 4 guys read this question and NONE of them thought to say..."Don't we mean APPEAL, and not a PLAY?

That leads me to the next question..Do these guys writing, editing the text actually know the baseball rules?? Or are they just administrators who maybe "officiated" a few games in some sport along the way. 

The bases are loaded and there are two outs. B1 hits a triple but misses second base. A legal play is immediately made by the defense. How many runs should score?

a. 0

b. 2

c. 3

Play?...Do you mean legal APPEAL???

That's 

They are umpires from associations around the state.  Do you know who your rep to UANJ is? they "help" the state interpreter with the test. When I went to UANJ meetings (about 5 years ago), it was 3 or 4 guys.  I think now it might be less.

39 minutes ago, LMSANS said:

They are umpires from associations around the state.  Do you know who your rep to UANJ is? they "help" the state interpreter with the test. When I went to UANJ meetings (about 5 years ago), it was 3 or 4 guys.  I think now it might be less.

Did they get fired? That's happening a lot these days.

8 hours ago, LMSANS said:

I do know whio our rep is. 'nuf said. :cool: