Cleaning New Balance Plate Shoe

Ump0000
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2238 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

V3? 

Honestly I just keep a spray bottle of water in my car. I haven't had a problem getting dirt off so far. Maybe I'll try hand soap to see if it's easier, but typically I don't need anything other than water, a brush and a rag. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Stk004 said:

V3? 

Honestly I just keep a spray bottle of water in my car. I haven't had a problem getting dirt off so far. Maybe I'll try hand soap to see if it's easier, but typically I don't need anything other than water, a brush and a rag. 

For my patent leather shoes I use a mixture of 65% dihydrogen monoxide & 35% water.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Aging_Arbiter said:

For my patent leather shoes I use a mixture of 65% dihydrogen monoxide & 35% water.

Be careful with di-hydrogen monoxide. I hear it is a major component in acid rain, can scald you severely in its' gaseous form and if inhaled can drown you. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Aging_Arbiter said:

3 hours ago, Mudisfun said:

Be careful with di-hydrogen monoxide. I hear it is a major component in acid rain, can scald you severely in its' gaseous form and if inhaled can drown you. 

Image result for michael scott frustrated

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Stk004 said:

Image result for michael scott frustrated

Just so you guys don't feel that I save all of my sarcasm for this site, you should meet my SWMBO.  @maineump can vouch for our friendly banter taken to another level.

A couple of years back, when doing a "self assessment" for my annual performance review at work........ My Director laughed so hard, that he forwarded it (without editing my input) to the VP.  Under Languages spoken I listed "Fluent in Sarcasm & Tounge Fu".   Yes, I received an increase.  It WOULD appear that honesty is the best policy!

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Aging_Arbiter said:

I think you may find you have better results with a 35% dihydrogen monoxide and 65% water solution. 

I usually use scrubbing bubbles (well the Canadian version) followed by shoe polish. I am experimenting this year by putting some dubbin on my leather shoes after cleaning them and following with a high gloss shoe polish. As I live in the Pacific Northwest (north of 49), I am hoping this will keep my feet dry during the April showers. 

15 hours ago, BCBrad said:

As I live in the Pacific Northwest (north of 49), I am hoping this will keep my feet dry during the April showers. 

Your rain stops in April? Lucky bastard! Our rain continues through the end of May here in Portland. 

On 1/19/2018 at 4:38 PM, BT_Blue said:

Your rain stops in April? Lucky bastard! Our rain continues through the end of May here in Portland. 

Actually it stops in May then comes back in June. Just not with the bone chillin’ wind off the water. 

• 1 month later...
On 1/17/2018 at 6:50 PM, Stk004 said:

V3? 

I do the same thing. Keeping it simple. My shoes still look brand new.