LLWS 2018

Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2064 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

44 minutes ago, stkjock said:

Jessica Mendoza “ I thought the hands were part of the bat”

insert facepalm

Carl Ravitch no better..I guess it only hit his hand..If it hits his hand and then the bat it's a foul ball". 

• Sad 1

30 minutes ago, Thunderheads said:

Is it a requirement to take off your mask every time there's a foul ball?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I don't like to nit pic..This guy's doing a nice job. But the mask thing and bellowing out "FOUL" on the balls straight back are wearing on me.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Richvee said:

I don't like to nit pic..This guy's doing a nice job. But the mask thing and bellowing out "FOUL" on the balls straight back are wearing on me.

Guy did a really good job. Probably the best plate job I've seen at a LLWS.

7 hours ago, umpstu said:

Friday's games were the first I saw this year, but he was indeed one of the best I've seen including the regionals.. 

8 hours ago, umpstu said:

He did  

Troy, @maineump was better on Thursday, he Had to contend with an international game and language issues as well. 

So far, from my perspective, the only issue I’ve seen is the zone is called very wide with some guys. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Thunderheads said:

No,....he did do a great job....it was just the mask flippingemoji6.png

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I missed it. Something about taking care of a 3 day old that SWMBO required me to do. Lol

So... did he take the mask and throw it on the ground ala a F2?

1 hour ago, BT_Blue said:

I missed it. Something about taking care of a 3 day old that SWMBO required me to do. Lol

So... did he take the mask and throw it on the ground ala a F2?

No. It was just EVERY foul ball. Seemed he couldn't throw a new ball to F1 without ripping off the mask. :shrug:

However, as stated, a real solid plate job.

The ole stee-ball in the top of the 10th in the Spain/Canada game. PU got a little bit ahead of himself and started to call a two strike curve ball a strike, came up, and balled it.

Oops.

Otherwise, I think he is having a good game, despite getting peppered with about 7 or 8 balls off the bat, missed pitches, balls that bounced.

As of 8pm, @maineump hasn't received his schedule for tomorrow.  My guess is he went to the MLB Classic game.  However, when visiting yesterday, SWMBO got this picture.  I had already sent it to a few close friends and said "It's ok Blue, you're doing fine". 

20180818_145227_1534619037408_001.thumb.jpg.f54b2d6c6578d35872566d097cba62fe.jpg

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Aging_Arbiter said:

As of 8pm, @maineump hasn't received his schedule for tomorrow.  My guess is he went to the MLB Classic game.  However, when visiting yesterday, SWMBO got this picture.  I had already sent it to a few close friends and said "It's ok Blue, you're doing fine". 

20180818_145227_1534619037408_001.thumb.jpg.f54b2d6c6578d35872566d097cba62fe.jpg

The real story behind the picture?

The Australian manager told this guy, that I had the authority to make him cut his hair. He was sucking up to me, to try to talk me out of it. He was a great kid, and one heck of a ball player.

We got to hang with Gerry Davis' crew today. Great guys one and all. Got to watch them work tonight at the Classic.

Games on Monday the 20th - 3:00 at Lamade (3B) and 8:00 at Lamade (LF Line)

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

Iowa/Michigan B5 - RLI no call.  Batter was dirty all the way and the throw hit hit his hand on his last stride to the base.  Definitely should have been called.

11 minutes ago, grayhawk said:

Iowa/Michigan B5 - RLI no call.  Batter was dirty all the way and the throw hit hit his hand on his last stride to the base.  Definitely should have been called.

Saw it live and wondered. Didnt see the shot up the 1BL (if there was one). But thought it might have been.

1 hour ago, stkjock said:

More free baseball at LLWS tonight

14 minutes ago, maineump said:

This is my 4th extra inning game of the series

Man... I bet they can't wait for you to leave. The people in the stadium want to get out on time and see their family. Lol

• Haha 1