Remove these ads by becoming a Premium Member
Sign in to follow this  
Aging_Arbiter

INDY Cold

ok, so some of you may be aware that I have been in Indianapolis since about 1 October.  Just received word last week that work is going to transfer me back to good ol' PA. 

However, I ran into something yesterday, that I have never seen before.  There was a "blurb" on local news that they suspended trash collection, because it was too cold.  It was only -11 degrees out people!!  While I'm sure that everyone has their own "cold stories", I grew up in Gary, IN and we always had what we called "Lake effect" winters (Lake Michigan for the geographically challenged). When we would have HS swim practice over "Christmas break", you'd get up early enough to shovel your car out, then throw the shovel in the trunk, because the wind drifted snow in front of the pool entrance at school.  I just had to put this out there as I have seen clothing technology come a long way in the last 30-35 years.  Shoot, I even purchased some of that technology for hunting and carry some of it in my truck in case I ever get stranded in the winter.

Seems to me, these folks around here need to put their insulated big girl panties on and get to work!  What say you?

Remove these ads by becoming a Premium Member

Spent Christmas in Bloomington and live in Hammond... It's been brutally cold so far. Moved here in 13 and suffered through the -20 with 20+" of snow that winter. Hoping this isn't going to be a repeat.

The eastern half of South Carolina is shut down (no school, government offices closed) over 2 inches of snow (with, admittedly, some sleet/freezing rain mixed in, in spots) and temps in the mid 30's.