new from the eastern shore

Wayne
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 5486 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

My name is Wayne, and I'm a baseball/hollic.? Married with 2 boys,1 jock, 1 artist....drums, We are both crazy about Rush.... the band, And you know the other is crazy about BASEBALL. 1rst year ump. and so far can't believe the amount of help the other guys want/will provide. But like every other aspect of my life, (clothing wise) 6' 3" 300lbs size 15 foot having a fun time finding equip. Any bigger guys have any favorites let me know. Hope everyone has a great season.....Waynw

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome Wayne. This is one of my new guys from my HS group. Don't let him kid you, he's been around youth sports for years, although this is the first year in our group. He has good instincts and will make out fine over the next couple of years.

Wayne:

I would suggest going to Ump-Attire.com and look at either the Smitty or UmpAttire shirts. For the price you can't beat either. The Smitty charcoal plate pants would probably best for you. Your legs are big enough that I don't think combos would do you very well. If you get two pairs, do one plate, one combo.

Anybody have a better idea?

Hey all,

Wayne, I feel your pain! I am 6'4' @290lbs with size 14's. Honig's polywools plate pants and ultimate combo pants for the bases and 2x shirts through them as well. Shoes wherever I can find the right size when I need them.

Bigdog:cool: