Thanksgiving Traditions/Awkwardness

sd181612
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2336 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

It’s been a stressful week guys and gals, so I thought it would be fun to share some of those awkward/funny T-day traditions or events. I’ll get it started:

I remember this Thanksgiving when I was about 5 or6. There was a sliding door that was the only path to the backyard (where the party was at). Well, either people had drunk too much or forgot their glasses because that door was smacked about 25 times that day. People were walking having full-on conversations with the people on the other side and then BLAM! Anyways, by the end of the day everyone had a migraine and some, judging by their actions, probably had a slight concussion. 

The moc is now officially open!

I remember my Grandma's stuffing. The best. And then laying in a pile of leaves staring at the stars on a clear beautiful Thanksgiving night with my cousins and younger uncle.  I loved those times.

10 hours ago, umpstu said:

I remember my Grandma's stuffing. The best. And then laying in a pile of leaves staring at the stars on a clear beautiful Thanksgiving night with my cousins and younger uncle.  I loved those times.

That sounds amazing! Hope you have a great Thanksgiving this year as well! 

My daughter was about 2.5 years old and as the adults sat at the adult table in the dining room at my grandmothers house, my daughter escaped the kids table. She happened to find my uncle's scotch glass in the living room and walks in the dining room holding the glass and comes to my wife and I and tells us, "This is really good juice" he all had a good laugh.

• Like 1

On 11/24/2017 at 9:47 AM, Umpire in Chief said:

My daughter was about 2.5 years old and as the adults sat at the adult table in the dining room at my grandmothers house, my daughter escaped the kids table. She happened to find my uncle's scotch glass in the living room and walks in the dining room holding the glass and comes to my wife and I and tells us, "This is really good juice" he all had a good laugh.

That is just great-definitely memorable and hilarious!