Remove these ads by becoming a Premium Member
Sign in to follow this  
Jimurray

Did John Shulock kick the Catchers Balk rule back in 2000

I was researching why the NCAA batters, sorry meant catchers, box is 48" vs the OBR 43" when this link showed in my search:

http://www.nyyfansforum.com/showthread.php/1681-Have-The-Braves-Been-Cheating-....TBS-Braves-Announcers-Banned-From-Flying-With-Team!?s=c5314b8005901ea4bcb775aa84e677e7

Did Shulock call the balk during an intentional walk or a normal at bat? If it wasn't during an intentional walk did he have rule support back then due to how the rule was indented and where the "Balk" penalty lined up. What were the schools and J-R teaching back then?

Remove these ads by becoming a Premium Member
3 hours ago, Jimurray said:

I was researching why the NCAA batters box is 48" vs the OBR 43" when this link showed in my search:

http://www.nyyfansforum.com/showthread.php/1681-Have-The-Braves-Been-Cheating-....TBS-Braves-Announcers-Banned-From-Flying-With-Team!?s=c5314b8005901ea4bcb775aa84e677e7

Did Shulock call the balk during an intentional walk or a normal at bat? If it wasn't during an intentional walk did he have rule support back then due to how the rule was indented and where the "Balk" penalty lined up. What were the schools and J-R teaching back then?

I'm sure you meant catcher's box

Anyhow. the NCAA catcher's box is the same size as the batter's box so you can use the same marking template.

Rule was kicked.

7 hours ago, Rich Ives said:

I'm sure you meant catcher's box

Anyhow. the NCAA catcher's box is the same size as the batter's box so you can use the same marking template.

Rule was kicked.

Yes I did. Was that, the template, the impetus for the NCAA dimensions. Did they once mirror OBR and changed?