Plus POS in Trouble?

jkumpire
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2277 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Hello!

I sent in an order to +pos on 10/3, got an e-mail saying it was shipped and a USPS tracking number. To make a long story short the USPS still has a tracking number but no package, and it should have been here last week. Anyone know what is going on? I cannot find anyone to talk to there?

Thanks!

After observing this for cyclic behavior for the past four (at least) years, here’s my guess:

This is the time of the year everything starts to slow down for Dan up there in Illinois. Indeed, baseball is more or less crated up in Wisconsin, Illinois, Michigan, and Minnesota, as football is in full swing and basketball will be soon upon us. +POS does not have a diverse, multi-sport catalog and as such, sales wither with half the country snowbound.

Dan has, in the past, taken employment with UPS, and he may be doing exactly that again. I can tell you from personal experience (working at Big Rainforest company), that kind of work drains you, and you really don’t feel too motivated to do much else. 

So from the read of things, mailing labels were “purchased” and generated, but the unit hasn’t been dropped in the mail (yet).

• 1 month later...

I ordered some black leather mask pads at a sale/discounted price online last week.  Order went through without a hitch and about three days later the pads were in a USPS priority mall large envelope in my mailbox and they look great.  Seems like the ship has been righted.  Great job Dan!  Thanks.

I've had great success ordering items. Four orders this year and all four received within a week.

Now, returning an item is another thing entirely!  It's been over a month and nothing... I gave up on that and decided to just keep the item.

Well I ordered a CP from them that was on sale for $25, for a younger umpire. I received it and the outer material was peeling off and looked like it was used and stuffed into a box. Emailed and requested how to return it and no answer. It's been a month. I will never order anything else from Plus POS

• 1 month later...

I have a comrade up here who has +pos gear from when it was the “gear” to get. It shows good after 20+ years. 

I wanted to test ordering from Illinois to Canada, and buy my partner some swag for his help in mentorship in our area. 

Here are my results

ordered: January 2

shipped: January 10

received: January 22

I live in British Columbia, so not too bad. Only thing is I never knew it was mailed because my order just said processed, not shipped. 

• Like 1