Remove these ads by becoming a Premium Member
ricka56

BI followed by HC EJ

If i was reading it right... During the administration of BI, you stopped to engage the HC.. Do not do this.. Finish the punishment of the BI.. then if the coach wants to know why... tell him. Just dont stop during.. it looks bad.

Remove these ads by becoming a Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Haid D' Salaami said:

If i was reading it right... During the administration of BI, you stopped to engage the HC.. Do not do this.. Finish the punishment of the BI.. then if the coach wants to know why... tell him. Just dont stop during.. it looks bad.

Not exactly...I didn't stop administering the BI to engage the 3BC/HC, I barked back at him while the play at 2B on the steal was being decided. But in general, I agree with your point and as others have pointed out, finish administering the BI before dealing with misbehaving participants. I think that was the most important umpire educational take-away from the video.

On 10/9/2017 at 7:54 AM, ricka56 said:

"It's OK guys, nobody hurt".

Wish I could say I was better than this. But this comment would get a snarky response from me.

On 10/9/2017 at 7:54 AM, ricka56 said:

If you think that HC's line was funny, you'll love his earlier gem. Swinging strike pitch that goes through the five hole of his F2 untouched and hits the inside of my back foot in flight so squarely that the ball drops right in front of HP... no deflection, I took it all. R3 can't score because ball is right in front of HP. As I am limping around trying to walk it off, this HC says, "It's OK guys, nobody hurt". Nobody, eh ?

That and other less note-worthy dickish behavior ensued, so when he risked closing his comedy act with the "that's why they call you blue" line, I took the opportunity to give him the figurative Gong Show GONG.

This guy sounds like a prick. Someone says something like this to me, I would be in his grill lickity split.   We owe it to our self and  all our brothers who have to deal with this dickwad to stop this type of crap ASAP. He would have known exactly what I thought of his comedy show. Just remember to do it quietly, outside of earshot of anyone else, and don't make a big deal about it...just get it done.