Heating and fitting Wilson West Vest Platinum

JDavis225
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2402 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

I've seen it here before but can't find it where someone mentioned heating their West Vest and then shaping it to their body. I'm really interested in this. I see people with virtually invisible chest protectors all the time but can't figure out how to get the same look. I've got a West Vest with Team Wendy padding FYI. Can you guys share your methods of contouring your chest protectors to your bodies? 

15 hours ago, JDavis225 said:

I've seen it here before but can't find it where someone mentioned heating their West Vest and then shaping it to their body. I'm really interested in this. I see people with virtually invisible chest protectors all the time but can't figure out how to get the same look. I've got a West Vest with Team Wendy padding FYI. Can you guys share your methods of contouring your chest protectors to your bodies? 

Put it on, strap it up comfortable and go work several plates in 90+ degree weather.  That should do it.

• Like 3

Oo! Oo! My ears are burning, @BT_Blue!

17 hours ago, JDavis225 said:

What model of West Vest is this, @JDavis225?

2 hours ago, conbo61 said:

Put it on, strap it up comfortable and go work several plates in 90+ degree weather.  That should do it.

Trust me I've done my share of 90+ games in that (one this previous weekend in SEPTEMBER). I still don't quite have the fit I want.

1 minute ago, JDavis225 said:

Trust me I've done my share of 90+ games in that (one this previous weekend in SEPTEMBER). I still don't quite have the fit I want.

I had two myself this past weekend.  This process seemed to work fine for me.  I do not possess the abilities of  @MadMax where I am comfortable taking a torch or other external heat source to my beloved Platinum.  Plus you cannot get the 13.5 anymore.

If I may, what straps are you using? Factory or a Delta flex version?