Interesting Time Play

stkjock
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2385 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Jimurray said:

Was 3BC pissed because, he didn't hold up Happ at 2B, because Happ didn't  hold at 2B, because Happ didn't slide at 3B, or R2 lollygagged getting home?

ball is in front of the runner, so it's the runners' call to decide if he can advance to third. It was just a SH*# decision, as well as not sliding. The almost scoring runner gets a bit of a break because he just came off the DL with a strained hamstring.

9 minutes ago, Gfoley4 said:

ball is in front of the runner, so it's the runners' call to decide if he can advance to third. It was just a SH*# decision, as well as not sliding. The almost scoring runner gets a bit of a break because he just came off the DL with a strained hamstring.

So, don't make the first or last out at 3B is not the mantra any more?

6 hours ago, Jimurray said:

Was 3BC pissed because, he didn't hold up Happ at 2B, because Happ didn't  hold at 2B, because Happ didn't slide at 3B, or R2 lollygagged getting home?

IMO, he's pissed at R1, Happ for not sliding, he appears to be giving him the "down" signal to me. 

I should add, PU, did a good job on the play. 

4 minutes ago, Umpire in Chief said:

I wish there was a view that showed the runners at the time of the tag.

It was shown on the TV replay.  R2 (?) was about in the batter's box when the tag was made.  Wasn't really that close (at least for umpires).  The runner could have made it, but he slowed down and turned his head to watch the play at third.

2 hours ago, Umpire in Chief said:

I wish there was a view that showed the runners at the time of the tag.

there was, at least last night on the telecast.  Frankly I didn't watch the whole video I posted as I had saw it live

29 minutes ago, Jimurray said:

Off Topic: How do you get the clip to start at that point when it's the full game on Youtube?

right click on the video while playing, a dialog box will open, 7 choices appear, one is "copy video url at current time" mouse over to that choice and copy