Site Upgrade

Umpire in Chief
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2258 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

@rzanew

I just logged in as you briefly and everything loads left justified too.

So I am lost, but I'll keep on looking into it.

Also if you, @lawump or anybody else who is having this issue could try a hard refresh by pressing shift+F5 to see if that may clear a bad load out.

image.png

On 1/3/2018 at 2:27 PM, Umpire in Chief said:

@rzanew so you got a corrupt download along the way somehow.  You can clear your cookies, temp internet files and such should fix it otherwise each time you see it funky do the hard refresh.

I cleared my Chrome cache and temporary files.  Still seeing center justified, but not always.  SHFT+F5 sometimes restores it to left justified, but changing pages will again show center.  

IE is also showing center justified.

Looks like others are seeing same issue, but not bothered by it.  To me, much easier to read long posts as Left justified.

• 5 weeks later...
15 hours ago, lilleaguer said:

For what it is worth, I am seeing centered posts in Google. Also, for what it is worth, the reply edit box started with centered text. I set it to left justified, but I'm not sure what I'll see.

I see this post as (correctly) left-justified.  

The reply box doesn't have any justification selected, so It appears the default is center-justified.  

Once I submit a post or reply as left-justified, the whole page is formatted left, until I move to a new page.  New pages are mixed (either left- or center- or random-justified).

Could there be a global setting to select left-justified as default?  (as opposed to none or center)

I don't see the whole page left justified, though my reply is. I've attached a screenshot.

Looking at the page's HTML, there is a "<center>" block around all of the user content on the page. My reply has explicit "text-align:left" tags on the paragraphs, which is why it shows up well. But it is not a general fix, as the "Posted 17 hours ago" header is still centered. It was left-justified in older posts. 

U-E justification.PNG