Retired AL Umpire Ken Kaiser Dead at 72

Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2421 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Former American League umpire Ken Kaiser has died. He was 72. Retired AL Umpire Ken Kaiser passed away.An AL arbiter from 1977 to 1999, when his was one of the many resignations accepted by Major League Baseball, Kaiser officiated 2,815 regular season games, three Division Series (1981, 96, 97),...

[[ This is a content summary only. Visit my website for full links, other content, and more! ]]

View the full article

Pic 1:  Up close and personal with Earl Weaver.

Pic 2:  Check out that mask!

Somewhere I have a pic of Ken Kaiser picking up a fan in Boston who had fallen over the fence near home plate while trying to grab a foul ball.  Has anyone else seen that ?   

ken kaiser.jpg

ken kaiser 2.jpg

On 8/9/2017 at 6:39 PM, BrianC14 said:

Pic 1:  Up close and personal with Earl Weaver.

Pic 2:  Check out that mask!

Somewhere I have a pic of Ken Kaiser picking up a fan in Boston who had fallen over the fence near home plate while trying to grab a foul ball.  Has anyone else seen that ?   

ken kaiser.jpg

ken kaiser 2.jpg

yep

http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news-photo/umpire-ken-kaiser-throws-a-fan-back-into-the-stands-after-news-photo/598119590#umpire-ken-kaiser-throws-a-fan-back-into-the-stands-after-the-fan-picture-id598119590

• Like 1

19 hours ago, BrianC14 said:

There it is !!!   I love the expression of the kid in the background.    Great stuff.

go down about 40-50 rows on this one. the line with the world series ring from Minnesota. There is a mud wrestling picture with a guy and 1 girl in the ring with the other girl outside the ring. He wrestled the Gonzo Sisters in a mud wrestling bout once.

What do you think. too bad he is all muddy. with a clean face it would be easy.

https://www.google.com/search?q=ken+kaiser+images&safe=active&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiDzu2RntDVAhUDwYMKHR05BDcQsAQIJw&biw=1754&bih=937

And of course he was the plate umpire in the famous Weaver/Haller video.

condolences to the family.