Coach demands Ref be removed... and she is.

Mudisfun
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2450 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Saw this story today and just thought... WOW. No way Adidas actually replaced a D1 College Ref in a tournament basketball game they were hosting because this joker demanded she be removed or he would take all his toys and go home like a big baby... But I was wrong.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/lavar-ball-threatens-pull-aau-team-off-court-forces-adidas-replace-ref-mid-game-160917511.html

Thanks Adidas for requiring the highest of coaching decorum from your players, teams and coaches and if you don't get that? Just replace the officials until your coaches just keep paying to be there...

• Like 1

Look who agreed to the ref's dismissal. Did this happen to this official when he T'd  up Red Auerbach in the Garden in a 2 man. Did they just work 1 man when the coach got his way.

This is another article 

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/lavar-ball-says-female-referee-replaced-after-his-demands-should-stay-in-her-lane/

this is the NBA official mentioned that was commenting about the situation in which a woman referee was removed for giving a technical, but the 2nd referee (guessing a man) who gave a technical was not removed like the woman was.

just a little disturbing to me, but of course I was not on the site to see everything go down, but the article did say supervisors on site said all technical fouls given were justified. Then why replace. Why replace the woman and not the man. Repeat. Disturbing. Seems like someone got thrown under the bus here but since I am dd, it is probably just me throwing the whole world under the bus.

http://courtclubelite.com/about

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/9135767/pac-12-conference-ref-boss-ed-rush-resigns-technical-foul-bounty-scandal

That's right. Sweep several issues going on under the rug. This could have been your daughter getting this treatment on one end, and removing officials during a game in progress on another end, rather than the officials own management backing an official up, and refusing to let the official be removed for correctly enforcing unsportsmanlike conduct and admitting unsportsmanlike conduct that was penalized should have been penalized.

Manager does not like Gerry Davis or Joe West or Tim McClellands (etc.) ejection of himself. He wants the umpire ejected. So Manager takes team off field. both area supervisor and regular supervisor (probably never both there but mix up in schedule) who are at game, go down and tell the umpire he is ejected and to leave the field, and front office backs the removal, after admitting ejection was totally deserved and proper and correctly handled.

• Like 1

sorry, the OP above is a duplicate topic

go to "free for all" on this forum for the original topic concerning this situation

Lol, let me clarify: "I don't know where to start" with the absolute lunacy of this fool and situation. Too many comments to rip apart this abuse of tourney mgmt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go right to the source – Corporate Greed and Invasion into amateur sports. Adidas desires, so very badly, to land the Ball Brothers as the faces of their brand, they have no scruples in dismissing (or in influencing the dismissal of) anyone who hampers the King of Clowns, Papa Ball.

Can you imagine if/when UnderArmour is our sponsor / supplier, and they deny funding or supply to us, or one of our fellow umpires, because one of us dumped Bryce Harper? Extreme hypothetical, but a close parallel to what just went down here.

Lavar Ball is an egotistical monster and a sexist POS. He's also a narcissist, elitist, and a whole bunch of other -ists. I'm done with basketball.

This happens all the time. I couldn't tell you how many times coaches have demanded I get removed from a game, difference, my UIC would remove all the officials from all the fields if a tournament director tried to pull that stuff on me.

Please, share this on you social media platforms. Tag Adidas, make sure they know that you have seen it and will stand up for her. This will continue to happen until it cost them money and makes them look bad to the general public.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

• Like 3

On 7/30/2017 at 3:15 PM, Tksjewelry said:

This happens all the time. I couldn't tell you how many times coaches have demanded I get removed from a game, difference, my UIC would remove all the officials from all the fields if a tournament director tried to pull that stuff on me.

Please, share this on you social media platforms. Tag Adidas, make sure they know that you have seen it and will stand up for her. This will continue to happen until it cost them money and makes them look bad to the general public.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Nba officials union has strongly spoken out about situation. However, it was one of their own members, see the first article i posted and assuming what was written is correct, that recommended the female referee be ejected. They are speaking out both sides of their mouths and should be blasting their member who recommended the ejection as well as blasting the whole situation. It is also a very well respected former nba official who is running the group supplying the officials and that former official should also be coming out apologizing to the woman official for the way that the former official allowed her to be publicly embarrassed and humiliated for doing her job and admitting that she did I it correctly. It starts at the top in the handling of this situation. What if it had been that former nba officials daughter that was handled that way. Guarantee that official would be blasting the person supplying the officials and in this case only has to look in the mirror to see that person.

9 hours ago, Tksjewelry said:

I had a coach pull that last year on me. I am the UIC and he came up demanding the ump be removed before the game even started. I said why and he said this is 12u boys and I dont a girl behind the plate. I looked at the coach and said that's funny because I just evaluated her last week and her zone was great. He said well its me in your tournament or her behind plate who do you choose? I started walking toward the field and spoke in my walkie talkie saying to my GM we have a forfeit (never pushed the button so was tricking him) he runs up and says hey no we don't forfeit. I let him dangle for a few minutes until I say fine but I am telling the ump if you say one word to her its a forfeit. I walk up to the umps and say real quiet look at the coach and give him a dirty look, they do and I walk away. Game gets over and coaches team wins, umps come up and say man that coach did not say one word the entire game that was weird. I talk to coach the next day and he apologizes and says the umps zone was great and he got yelled at by his wife the entire way home for what he did and none of the moms on the team will talk to him lol.

• Like 3

Officiating group that supplied the officials and ran the camp (headed up by Ed Rush, former NBA official) cuts ties with Adidas over this ugly incident:

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/20203049/officiating-group-terminating-relationship-adidas-replacement-female-referee

but, let's not kid ourselves, there will be plenty of other officials rushing to fill the gap, selling their souls and prostrating themselves to Adidas....

I doubt it will happen but I would love to see the officials supply houses that we all frequent drop Adidas from their lines... If Adidas cannot and will not stand up for the officials of their tourney games why should any of us support their business and purchase gear aimed at officials? Seems very hypocritical of us to continue to support their business.

very good. Should have been done immediately after the discussion to eject her from the game to start with. Not that tough. And article above telling what has finally been done, proves it would not have been that tough to have done the right thing (and should have been done) from the start.

On second thought, I hope Adidas signs Lonzo Ball. I wouldn't want two of my favorite and preferred brands, Nike and UnderArmour (in that order), to be affiliated with such a demeaning, egotistical name as the Balls. I hear the term "misogyny" thrown around, but I think that's a bit too far and overstated. Quite simply, Lavar Ball is a megalomaniac, and fosters the "Me (coach) versus Them (Officials, "Lesser" Coaches, Players, Parents, Media, Nearly Everyone Else)" mentality / personality.

If you think he did this only because the Referee was a woman, think again. He holds all officials in contempt, regardless of gender.

On ‎7‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 7:07 PM, pnewton said:

Received an email from IAABO today condemning actions of Addidas and requesting an apology.

I think apologies are worthless and actions speak louder than words. Adidas should have known better than to do this and its too late for me to accept their forced and pathetic apology. Now I understand that with a company as large as Adidas they can not be expected to know every detail of what is going on. If the higher ups meet and decide to drop Ball from any tournament they are doing I would be happy and move on with them but anything less than that and I am done with Adidas.

• Like 1