Baseball Coach

Guest David Knowles
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2464 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Question

Guest David Knowles

Situation; Bases loaded with one out. Runner on 2nd attempts to steal 3rd (forgetting 3rd base is occupied) with Runner on 3rd taking his secondary lead. Catcher receives pitch and attempts to get R3 in a rundown and R2 comes all the way to 3rd base and tags it, R3 retreats to 3rd base and is not tagged out during rundown, and I don't think both runners ever occupied 3rd base at the same time which I don't believe should matter anyway because I know they can occupy the same base until one of them is tagged out, R2 retreats to 2nd base and the opposing team fails to tag him out with all runners now occupying the base they were at this for the pitch was delivered (R1 at 1st base never attempted to advance to 2nd. Is there any ruling that there is an automatic out anywhere in this scenario. Weird situation I witnessed yesterday.

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

30 minutes ago, Guest David Knowles said:

Situation; Bases loaded with one out. Runner on 2nd attempts to steal 3rd (forgetting 3rd base is occupied) with Runner on 3rd taking his secondary lead. Catcher receives pitch and attempts to get R3 in a rundown and R2 comes all the way to 3rd base and tags it, R3 retreats to 3rd base and is not tagged out during rundown, and I don't think both runners ever occupied 3rd base at the same time which I don't believe should matter anyway because I know they can occupy the same base until one of them is tagged out, R2 retreats to 2nd base and the opposing team fails to tag him out with all runners now occupying the base they were at this for the pitch was delivered (R1 at 1st base never attempted to advance to 2nd. Is there any ruling that there is an automatic out anywhere in this scenario. Weird situation I witnessed yesterday.

There is no automatic out anywhere in your narrative.