You're A Grand Old Mask...!

Scotty_Ump
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2473 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

After seeing all the different masks this year, I think I would rather keep the gear out of the equation, and do something with the shirts and hats. NOT the flag or camo shirts, but some other different things, like (gasp!) a shirt with a navy body then incorporate red into it somehow and maybe just outline the collar in gold or something, using the colors of the flag, but not turning it into a flag. They do it for olympics and Ryder Cups for golf, so I'm sure they can come up with something tasteful. 

I just don't know what to think about this mask. I think it's a bit much.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Stk004 said:

What did candy canes ever do to you, Brian? 

Well, as a kid, did you ever fall asleep with one in your mouth, and wake up with it in your hair? That's something they can do to you. :D

• Like 1

Plate man in Cleveland on July 4th had something similiar to it.

On a totally unrelated issue, the crew had a picture taken of them together after the pregame before the Indians came out. Is that normal procedure or was it the first game or a special game for one of the crew members? You had Joe West @ 2B and  Hunter Wendelstedt @3B, w/ Alan Porter at HP and Nick Wentz at 1B (2 guys I know nothing about).

Plate man in Cleveland on July 4th had something similiar to it.
On a totally unrelated issue, the crew had a picture taken of them together after the pregame before the Indians came out. Is that normal procedure or was it the first game or a special game for one of the crew members? You had Joe West @ 2B and  Hunter Wendelstedt @3B, w/ Alan Porter at HP and Nick Wentz at 1B (2 guys I know nothing about).

Wasn't it Joe West's 1000th game or something like that?