Keeping the Big Canuck Busy

MadMax
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2462 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

With this last order of nine harnesses arriving on my doorstep this morning, fresh from @Razzer in Maple Syrup-land, this makes 20 harnesses I've commissioned from him in the past year. Sure, there've been one or two Schutts that these have gone on, and the occasional Force3 UnEqual, or Douglas, or Champro / Champion, even. Out of the 20, can you guess where 14 have gone?

Yup, freakin' Wilson CPs. 11 Platinums and 3 Golds.

Oh sure, you can easily (and lazily) point out, "But Max, that just indicates that Wilson CPs are more popular and numerous!", but it also indicates just how plain awful and ineffective the Wilson units are with their stock harnesses. Each umpire supplied with a Flex -style harness (preferably Ray's) experiences a dramatic improvement in fit and protection. Many suddenly become very aware of how brief the coverage is on the Platinum, especially, as it doesn't provide much in the way of abdomen protection, nor does it natively allow an extension to be added...

... but that's another discussion, for another time.

• Like 4

You are just like EF Hutton...when you start talking I listen

Thanks for your contributions on this site because they are very informative and your attention to detail helps all members make good decisions when it comes to equipment purchases....keep fighting the W Max because they must listen one day.

Most importantly thanks for the endorsement...It means everything coming from a guy who knows gear and how it works.

Ray

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mbkcoach said:

Do y'all think after Wilsons recent meeting with Ump Attire that we may start seeing some changes to update the West Vest (ie- harness, padding)?

One can hope... But I'm not holding my breath!

• Like 2

20 hours ago, mbkcoach said:

Do y'all think after Wilsons recent meeting with Ump Attire that we may start seeing some changes to update the West Vest (ie- harness, padding)?

Only if they think they can make more money on it.