Remove these ads by becoming a Premium Member
ricka56

Texas State Tournament - Balks in winning run

57 minutes ago, BrianC14 said:

Let's realize this is all supposition, because we don't know why he called a balk.  

Without getting into how I know this, he told the rules interpreter that he called the balk for not stepping towards third. That should remove all supposition! :)

• Like 1

Remove these ads by becoming a Premium Member
56 minutes ago, Matt said:

I think you're misunderstanding what we're saying. 

Agreed. Without a published explanation from the guy who called it, we can only speculate. Just throwing out alternate possibilities. Him screwing up and calling a no stop when he shouldn't have is just as plausible at this point as not stepping towards third before going to first. When I first saw the video I expected it to be a no stop until he stepped to third.

53 minutes ago, NorthTexasUmp said:

Without getting into how I know this, he told the rules interpreter that he called the balk for not stepping towards third. That should remove all supposition! :)

Okay then. 

2 hours ago, NorthTexasUmp said:

OK, thanks for bringing in what you knew or learned about it.  Except the video clearly shows that he did step to 3B.  

2 hours ago, Matt said:

I think you're misunderstanding what we're saying. 

Matt,

I was responding to the supposition posed that maybe U3 called it for a no-stop, and the comment included that the glove was still "moving" when F1's foot was lifted.