Softball

VolUmp
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2479 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

3 minutes ago, Stk004 said:

VolUmp spam alert 

Not funny. 

Im weary of softball questions being intermingled with what is primarily a baseball site. 

I just deleted my request from "Ask the Ump" since guests can't post on Softball. 

Just now, VolUmp said:

Not funny. 

Im weary of softball questions being intermingled with what is primarily a baseball site. 

I just deleted my request from "Ask the Ump" since guests can't post on Softball. 

Your "request" is also in every other subsection of this site, which is far more annoying than a softball question here and there. 

Listen, Junior, this not SPAM. 

There is no other way to deliver a broad message, and I didn't put it in every forum … I chose the six where it is most inappropriate.  The message is worded very politely, and I've received no criticism from anyone who actually "matters."

I'm glad to see you don't think I "matter" because of my age. I'm sure coaches love your blatant disrespect and stubbornness through all 149 games of yours. To use language to a coach that would otherwise result in an ejection is a strict no-no, but to insult the integrity of another umpire because of age shows a complete lack of character. Seniority doesn't mean a thing if you have no integrity yourself, and clearly your way of handling things is the most red ass way possible. I'm glad I don't have to read/support your ejection reports, because I could never back you on or off the field. 

• Like 3

I mod a work and a work-field forum. It's the nature of forums. You're going to get people who don't look to realize they're in the wrong subforum; that there were 10 threads about the same thing they're starting a new thread regarding on the front page, or that the forum etiquette is not to post in 6+ month old threads (it me). Most users, especially guests and newbs, don't take the time to learn their way around a forum and read the guidelines and rules before posting.

Good luck in changing that all over the internet. Browse some sub-reddits some time and see how terrible that place is.

Not to pile on Vol, but your approach recently has been very confrontational and antagonistic. We are all supposed to be friends here to the greatest extent possible in an on-line forum.  Folks participate here to learn, improve and share some camaraderie.  Maybe even get the occasional laugh.

So what if it is a softball question? It may have an application in baseball.  Granted, a pitching violation in that circle thingy is not relevant to baseball, but a way to look at covering a rundown, or some other mechanic may be helpful to SOMEONE here.

One of the great aspects of THIS resource compared to some of the others I have visited is the level of respect shown to the participants.  Please don't try to drag this down with your condescension and snark.

• Like 4

I don't do any baseball work (at least, not yet).

But I have found huge amounts of useful information on this site.  I know what I work, and I understand there are differences with baseball, and I'm an adult, so I understand how to take what fits and use it and how to leave what I can't use.  I've been very grateful in particular for the discussions involving keeping cool in warm weather and the ones concerning game management techniques (all of which are typically applicable to some extent even outside the various bat-and-ball sports).  This site has also been an excellent resource for me to learn some of the places where baseball and softball differ, because MANY of the coaches come from a baseball background, and I've found it extremely valuable to understand that the main issue is a disconnect between the rule sets.

I'll continue to view the forum like a buffet: I may not care for a particular item, but it may be exactly what someone else is looking for, and it may also be just the right time for someone else to have a chance to sample it.  I'll take what's right for me and leave others to do the same.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Stk004 said:

I'm sure coaches love your blatant disrespect and stubbornness through all 149 games of yours. To use language to a coach that would otherwise result in an ejection is a strict no-no, but to insult the integrity of another umpire because of age shows a complete lack of character. Seniority doesn't mean a thing if you have no integrity yourself, and clearly your way of handling things is the most red ass way possible. I'm glad I don't have to read/support your ejection reports, because I could never back you on or off the field. 

Typical of an immature teenager. You were wrong to begin with, you started with an incorrect premise, then you built a dissertation on it. Grow up. 

OK, relax; nobody’s here to harm anyone

I’ve seen how flaming can ruin an Umpire’s forum. Let’s not drag this forum down over something stupid.

Someone asked a softball question on a baseball topic. Some of us had experience in softball as well as baseball, so we answered it. There it is, geez, get over it. Nobody died and reading it or not didn’t cost you a nickel.

We’ve all got better things to do. Can we move on?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VolUmp said:

Nonsense. You don't "matter" because you are not an administrator of this forum. 

You have the audacity to make your own rules and then get offensive when set in your place by other members.

Your posts are inappropriate and will be removed. 

• Like 1

• LMSANS locked this topic
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2479 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.