Catcher Interference - Coach Takes the Result

johnnyg08
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2479 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

23 hours ago, Jimurray said:

Yes, but as @Richvee asks, what is the protocol for killing the play? Who kills the play? Should U1 just signal the out because at that point we don't know if F3 is done and won't attempt further action although it became obvious almost right away.

As soon as the batter runner is out, " time, award the the bases"

18 hours ago, Stk004 said:

I can't speak for NCAA, but you let the play finish in its entirety. Then, if all the runners and the BR didn't advance one base safely, enforce the CI. All runners return TOP and the BR is awarded first base. Runners only advance if forced by the BR. Then, if the coach wants to elect the result of the play, he'll notify PU accordingly. 

NCAA is the same as MLB... Oh fyi.. MLB and MiLB do use the same set of rules, with the exception of replay.

1 hour ago, Haid D' Salaami said:

As soon as the batter runner is out, " time, award the the bases"

Doesn't PBUC say allow play to continue as the manager may want the play? I always assumed to stop it after all play was relaxed. If the batter is out on a fly ball you don't kill it because there might be a tag up. If the batter is out on a ground ball and further play is ongoing don't we let it happen as there might be a run scored.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jimurray said:

Doesn't PBUC say allow play to continue as the manager may want the play? I always assumed to stop it after all play was relaxed. If the batter is out on a fly ball you don't kill it because there might be a tag up. If the batter is out on a ground ball and further play is ongoing don't we let it happen as there might be a run scored.

I believe Haid was speaking to the original post.