I'm Famous now

Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2517 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

1 hour ago, Umpire in Chief said:

Look at that awesome picture of me on the local paper's sports home page. I'm just glad they didn't get the one of me having awful timing and having to change my call. :smachhead:

Hey, if Hunter Wendelstedt can do it, so can you.

Was it a rainy night?

1 hour ago, BrianC14 said:

Was it a rainy night?

He's on the east coast.We've had a total of about 5 days where there wasn't at least a threat of rain since April 1st. :TD:

• Like 1

Just now, Richvee said:

He's on the east coast.We've had a total of about 5 days where there wasn't at least a threat of rain since April 1st. :TD:

Damn.  That through the same period where we were getting both rain AND snow.   :TD::TD:

The condition of R1's uniform is what caught my eye.  Looks like @Umpire in Chief and crew had to squeeze this one between the raindrops and mud.

12 minutes ago, BrianC14 said:

Damn.  That through the same period where we were getting both rain AND snow.   :TD::TD:

The condition of R1's uniform is what caught my eye.  Looks like @Umpire in Chief and crew had to squeeze this one between the raindrops and mud.

I might be exaggerating, but the weather has sucked. Just look at the number of Major league postponements this spring. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Richvee said:

I might be exaggerating, but the weather has sucked. Just look at the number of Major league postponements this spring. 

I got in 40 games and had 16 rainouts from Mar 26 - May 23. Well, the May 23, the two teams no-call no-showed us.

14 hours ago, Umpire in Chief said:

Look at that awesome picture of me on the local paper's sports home page. I'm just glad they didn't get the one of me having awful timing and having to change my call. :smachhead:

2017-05-25 11.57.02.jpg

with a little geographical googling I noticed that Hickory is only a 3A school. They are a far west team going towards Asheville and you are way on the East Coast. That must be 400 miles. "What gives" Is this a made up picture or what?????How are you going to make the penultimate goal of working 4A with awful timing and having to change your call?

Would a playoff game with the "School of Math and Science High School" be above your level of competence since that is no where close to your field of study and expertise. Would you have to turn that game back in if you were asked to work it?

Now go to that mirror in your house and work on your timing until the family runs you out of the house. I think you should work on timing with out calls. For some reason they are more fun to call.

Congrats, and many more playoff games to you.

8 hours ago, Umpire in Chief said:

Sorry @dumbdumb wrong Hickory. This one is in VA  only 10ish miles from my house. But I actually know where the one you're speaking of is.

Just keeping you honest and making sure you are not poaching games from ump45 and his buddies much closer to the west than you are.

Glad I was all wet behind the ears on location.

Speaking of location, stay out of the Dismal Swamp will ya.

Once again, congrats now and in the future.