+POS Umpire Shirts - fit and size?

wolfe_man
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2474 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Do these fit true to sizing or more like a Smitty shirt?  I got bit by the +POS bug and really like their stuff, but don't want to have to return for different sizes. 

I'm an XL at plate for Smitty, L on bases.  I run about 230-235 and am 5'10".

Thanks all!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, wolfe_man said:

Do these fit true to sizing or more like a Smitty shirt?  I got bit by the +POS bug and really like their stuff, but don't want to have to return for different sizes. 

I'm an XL at plate for Smitty, L on bases.  I run about 230-235 and am 5'10".

Thanks all!

I actually JUST ordered a large +POS shirt this week. It should be arriving in the mail anytime now. I will let you know how it fits. It is the PML-18-2 gray one for $10.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bossman senior said:

I actually JUST ordered a large +POS shirt this week. It should be arriving in the mail anytime now. I will let you know how it fits. It is the PML-18-2 gray one for $10.

I saw that too... let me know what you think of quality as well please.  Thanks!

• Like 1

Wolfe...you were reading my mind..I was JUST about to post the same exact question lol....and from what I have been reading...the ZRO-G mask looks like it could be my next upgrade. Though the Honigs light weight and F3 that is currently for sale by STK004 are making my decision difficult.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, catsbackr said:

In my experience, PlusPOS shirts run a size small.

That's *not* what I was hoping to hear...so you have had to size up for the plate then I'm assuming?

Well, the shirt came in the mail today. I guess the old saying goes,"You get what you pay for." I would describe the shirt as rather "hard" and stiff... But I would expect much better quality had I bought the $20-30+ shirts. As for the fit, I'm 5'10 195 and the large for me would work well for bases. I'll probably have to get an XL for plate.

Hope this could be of some help! :)

• Like 2

11 hours ago, BrianC14 said:

Speaking of shirt sizes at +POS, can someone go to this link and tell me how to enter the size?   :huh:

https://www.pluspos.com/baseball-umpire-equipment-umpire-gear/shirts-26/2017 MLB UMPIRE SHIRT LONG SLEEVE BLACK AND GREY

You just click on the size to the right of the picture and do "Add to cart" then it should display in the top right of your screen.

22 minutes ago, bossman senior said:

You just click on the size to the right of the picture and do "Add to cart" then it should display in the top right of your screen.

On other items with a 'Size' option, they show the various sizes in a little black box and white letter.... S, M, L, XL   etc...

On that link for the LS black shirt, there are no sizes list, and yet it says the item is "In Stock".   When I clicked on "Add to Cart", it gives me an error message stating that I "Must select a size"    WTH ?

I just tried it...from the link....worked for me??? I was actually able to get Dan on the phone yesterday to get some explination on shirt sizes. He said that the PML-24 shirts are made with a fabric that stretches more (sounds similar to Smitty perhaps) and that that model could be considered to be sized for the plate...more room in the chest and flexible fabric. The other clearanced shirts were not sized in a similar fashion and would need to be bought one size up for plate duty. The regularly priced shirts are supposed to be made with the more flexible fabrics and sized more for the plate. YMMV...always worth shooting them an email when in doubt. I placed an order for a cpl of the PML-24s and one PML-19. I'll let everyone know how they turn out. Ordered this morning and got a shipment confirmation this afternoon...so hopefully I'll have it by Friday or Sat.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ofhs93 said:

I just tried it...from the link....worked for me??? I was actually able to get Dan on the phone yesterday to get some explination on shirt sizes. He said that the PML-24 shirts are made with a fabric that stretches more (sounds similar to Smitty perhaps) and that that model could be considered to be sized for the plate...more room in the chest and flexible fabric. The other clearanced shirts were not sized in a similar fashion and would need to be bought one size up for plate duty. The regularly priced shirts are supposed to be made with the more flexible fabrics and sized more for the plate. YMMV...always worth shooting them an email when in doubt. I placed an order for a cpl of the PML-24s and one PML-19. I'll let everyone know how they turn out. Ordered this morning and got a shipment confirmation this afternoon...so hopefully I'll have it by Friday or Sat.

It's working now.... sure wasn't there yesterday.  Thanks.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
11 minutes ago, JoHart10 said:

Anyone buy the new MLB shirts from +pos yet? Hoping for a size material color review. I was not impressed by the smitty version I got earlier. 

I'm on the verge of doing so, but was waiting out someone to give feedback on sizing. Reading back in this thread (ha! pun!), it looks like these 2016 Panel -style shirts are sized for plate... so I'm leaning towards a Large. I gotta look like a slim'n'trim umpire, dontchaknow.

• Like 1

Oooo... this is bad news. As in, un-positive news...

The sizes are all messed up, and the colors, at least in "Sky Blue" are wrong.

From left to right, I am exhibiting the 2016 Majestic Panel Sky Blue, then wearing the new +POS Panel shirt, then exhibiting the 2010 TOC Vertical Stripe in Bermuda Blue.

IMG_2842.thumb.JPG.d2347e95740f25f97a633a2bf2e25459.JPG

Huh! See what I see? (Hint: the +POS and the TOC Bermuda are nearly the same shade).

On the sizing issue, we have a serious SNAFU... my colleague (fellow Vulture) ordered a Large and an Extra Large. Well folks, the Large is visibly and physically larger than the XL. The measured dimensions are:

Labeled "L":

• Collar to Bottom Hem - 34.5"
  • Pit to Pit - 26"
  • Sleeve to Sleeve - 43"

Labeled "XL":

• Collar to Bottom Hem - 32"
  • Pit to Pit - 24"
  • Sleeve to Sleeve - 40"

Hmmmm. Something ain't right.

In any case, I tried the XL, and it fit rather generous. It'd probably pass, for me, as a plate shirt.

Quality wise, this is using more of a jersey-type fabric rather than the Dry-tech smooth fabric on the Majestics, and other golf shirts.