Retired...or taking a break?

beerguy55
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2506 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

I have decided to not coach this summer in any capacity.  And maybe never again...or at least until grandchildren come.

After six years of 20 hrs/week from November-April and 30 hrs/week from May-August, I now find myself with some free time.

And about six years of yard work and house maintenance to catch up on.   I even planted three trees last week.  Removed one old tree. Front deck replaced.  Shutters on order.  I've binge watched a few things.

Just got to make sure I don't try to boil the ocean.

We'll see if I miss it at all, but right now, I'm not missing hearing how someone's all star kid isn't playing enough.

Who knows...maybe I'll take an umping course...

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

I think a break away from anything, even something you love, can be a good idea. I always thought the beauty of umpiring is that I can control my schedule. If I need a break, I can just take myself off the assignors schedule. 

Good luck on your sabbatical!