Remove these ads by becoming a Premium Member
bluejersey

Ump from NJ

Hey guys North NJ ump here. Been doing this since I was 13 and I'm still learning new things or seeing things I've never seen all season long. Hope to learn even more from the guys on here!

Remove these ads by becoming a Premium Member
3 minutes ago, bluejersey said:

Hey guys North NJ ump here. Been doing this since I was 13 and I'm still learning new things or seeing things I've never seen all season long. Hope to learn even more from the guys on here!

Welcome! How old are you now, if you don't mind me asking? 

1 minute ago, Stk004 said:

Welcome! How old are you now, if you don't mind me asking? 

Thanks! I'm 24.

Just now, bluejersey said:

Thanks! I'm 24.

Thank God. There's still time for you to get out of Jersey,

I'm kidding! I'm kidding. Half my family is from Jersey.

But they did all leave. So there's that.

3 minutes ago, ElkOil said:

One of these days...

7 hours ago, ElkOil said:

hey now...watch it...It's not all bad. At least for umpiring. It's not like some areas where there's 7 schools in a 200 mile radius. We have hundreds in North Jersey alone. Our pay isn't bad either. So we got that going for us ;)

Welcome @bluejersey. I'm thinking there's a pretty good chance I know you? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Richvee said:

hey now...watch it...It's not all bad. At least for umpiring. It's not like some areas where there's 7 schools in a 200 mile radius. We have hundreds in North Jersey alone. Our pay isn't bad either. So we got that going for us ;)

Get in good with Richvee in Jersey.

Or!!!!!!! (using a little googling geography here) step up your game to NCAA D1 and move to UMP45 territory in Greensboro, NC to maximize your abilities and earning power even if you could care less about money with plenty of NCAA D1 within 200-210 miles.

NC, NC State, Duke, Wake Forest, UVA, VTech, Elon, East Carolina, UNC Charlotte, UNC Wilmington, UNC Greensboro, NCA&T, ASU, Davidson, Campbell, High Point, Radford, Gardner Webb, North Carolina Central, Wofford, Furman, VMI, Winthrop, Presbyterian, Liberty, Longwood, James Madison, East Tennessee State and probably others, (UNC Asheville, URichmond, VCU, Coastal Carolina, USC). The majority of the schools above are assigned through the ACC assignor or designated assistant assignors (non-Con) for the ACC assignor.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Richvee said:

This is very true. There's no shortage of schools and town or club teams in the area.

Thanks for the welcome. I'm sure we've at least crossed paths.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bluejersey said:

Welcome.

Where in north Jersey? I am a former Somerset/Bergen County resident.

27 minutes ago, conbo61 said:

Welcome.

Where in north Jersey? I am a former Somerset/Bergen County resident.

I live in Essex County.

now, I'm in PA and wondering if it is just me or hasn't anyone else noticed?  JERSEY is working the ultimate scam!!!  If you want to go to the Jersey Shore (no, not the TV kind), or Atlantic City, Wildwood or Cape May........That fine.  Go enjoy yourself, and I'm sure you'll have a great time.  However, when you get ready to go home, THAT"S when they've gotcha.

See, every bridge that I've been over getting into Joisey is a straight shot right into the "Garden State".  But if you try to LEAVE , you have to pay a toll to get out of the state!!

Also, if you fly into Philly airport at night, you get a CLEAR understanding of the line from Miss Congeniality where Sandra Bullock was asked why NJ was called the Garden State.  Her response seemed fitting...........Because it's too hard to fit "Oil and Petrochemical Refinery State" on a license plate?

• Like 1