Remove these ads by becoming a Premium Member
kstrunk

Plate Shoe Failure???

Men's game tonight, on the dish in my trusty and faithful 3N2 plate shoes, so I thought. Pitch WAAAY inside on a right handed batter, catcher doesn't get a glove on it, and it hits my left toe directly. My big toe is still throbbing 2 hours later, and is already turning purple. 

I remember this happening once before a few years back, but not as bad, as it was a little league game. 

This is the only pair of plate shoes I've owned, and they still look and feel great, but is this normal? Would I feel something similar in NB or Reebok? 

Remove these ads by becoming a Premium Member

This isn't that relevant to the shoe failure but how does an inside fastball to a right handed batter hit your right toe? 

29 minutes ago, Stk004 said:

This isn't that relevant to the shoe failure but how does an inside fastball to a right handed batter hit your right toe? 

Too tired... my left toe  

48 minutes ago, kstrunk said:

Too tired... my left toe  

Its a full body pain...

• Like 1

I had this happen when i had a pair of 3N2's.  Loved them until that moment.  I believe the toe cap is cheap thin plastic.  I had a purple toe for 3weeks

after.  I couldn't give those shoes away fast enough after that direct freak hit.

Yeah, I wish the shoes were real leather, with steal toes. My new V2's have a plastic cap I can compress with my two thumbs.

The last real shoe was the 450. Everything after that is cheap crap, IMO.