Pay

jonathantullos
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2533 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

On 4/16/2017 at 4:09 PM, VolUmp said:

Sounds like the flow chart works completely differently here.  Schools cannot post a game on Arbiter — they have to email a game "request" for officials to our Assignor, who then posts the game with officials pre-accepted.  I actually agree with this because otherwise, too many of our guys would just decline the games and say, "Oops ... forgot to block that night ... "

So, likewise, if there is a schedule change or a rainout, the school is required to call the Assignor who then can make the change on Arbiter, but as I stated above, often I'll get a call saying, "School A canceled at 7:00, I'm moving you to school B at 6:00 with a different partner ... call John Doe."

In the interest of time, none of the changes will ever be reflected in Arbiter.  The only problem that causes is, you cannot pull up an accurate history of all the games you worked for income or tax purposes.

I'm thrilled that I never have to actually take a game that I don't want here.  Of course we have no assigning associations -- I'm a free agent who books with the schools and conferences I want to work.  Right now, we only work 3 big school conferences and next year I may cut that back to two.  Assigning 24 schools has taken a lot of time, especially with 60 varsity rainouts this spring already.